abs and traction control light on

2late4u

started getting the abs and traction light coming on intermediately last week so when it stayed on finally i took it to the local part store to see what was causing it, and they said our scanners  only can check the check engine light, so they weren't  no help so I got on google and figured it was a wheel speed sensor but no way to see which one it was and to buy a scanner to check it they are real expensive for the ones that check the abs, so I looked online for the cost of the speed senors and the fronts are about $ 20-30 and the  rear seem to be a bit higher, so thought oh hell i have the max warranty no need to try to fix it myself so made an appointment for it to be looked at on 5 -22 Thursday at 8 am. so took it it in today at lunchtime on Wednesday to drop it off, also asked them how much to change the plugs and do a coolant flush and service and they said about $370 for both so at 92 k i said do it, by the time i got home they were calling saying the right front speed sensor was bad and the part was $29. and $29 to install it which was cheaper than my 100 deductible so i said do it, then they called me back at 4 pm and said the journey is all finished and the total cost was $351.83 for the plugs and coolant flush and fixing the speed sensor, man i couldn't be happier with my local dodge dealership i couldn't have got it done any cheaper at any local garage for that price...and to make it even better when i was looking at the dealership web site last nite a offer popped up and said print off the offer and and take a vehicle for a test drive and get a $50 amazon gift card so i printed it off and after picking my journey up i walked over to the new car area and my salesperson who iv always dealt with said hey David you here to pick up your gift card i guess i looked confused and he laughed and said the sectary had told him that i had printed the offer and was coming in today to have service work done on my journey ,and he told her to have it ready and she asked him which  vehicle did i want to drive and he said, I told her to pick one as when David is ready to buy a new car he will come in to me and buy it so in less than 5 minutes of catching up i am out of their with my $ 50. gift card being sent to my email account. so that made my trip to the stealership even better.... LOL

You got a great deal.  Glad that it all worked out for you.

Our Traction Control Light was on, but we did not fair as lucky as you.  We were hoping for a wheel speed sensor problem (cheap, easy fix) but it turned out to be the Steering Angle Sensor.  About 20 times as much $ to fix it.  Just our luck.

While it was in the shop (local garage, not the dealer) , some dummy put the Hands Free Module fuse back in without inquiring why it was missing in the first place.  We had it pulled because it was messed up and draining the battery.  So, it killed another new battery.  They denied having put it in.  So, how the hell did a fuse suddenly get put back into the fuse box under the dash?  Thank God that I decided to check it.  I almost had it towed into the dealer because I thought it might be another drain that had to be found.  That would have been an expensive fuse.  I am so pissed off about some idiot finding a fuse missing from the box and replacing it without even asking the customer.  Common sense would tell you to ask the customer why the goddam thing was missing in the first place.  Common sense would also tell you to inform the customer about everything that you did to the vehicle.  Don't get me started........

mechanical-idiot