Transmission leak

I discovered a leak on corner of transmission oil pan while performing my spring oil change.  Looks like the gasket failed, possibly the pan damaged.? It seems to be coming from the corner. No symptoms when driving, and I checked the fluid condition and it could use a change but isnt terrible.  My idea is to perform a transmission fluid/filter change, and have a new tranny oil pan on standby in case the pan is the issue(I can always return it if not needed.) I am just looking for any advice and a 2nd opinion on my plan. Thank you. 

Screenshot_20190506-195114_Video Player.jpg

so have you checked the level of the trans fluid ?sounds like a good plan on what you are getting ready to do, make sure you use approved transmission fluid and i would use a mopar filter as well, let us know how it went  a few pic would be helpful for thoes who might want to do it themselves

I believe the gasket will be a bead of RTV silicone around the pan edge and bolt holes... that's the way the service guy at the local Dodge dealer explained when he broke down the cost of having them do it, which is around $230 CAD.:cool:  I've ordered a special dipstick as well(photo included),  and will be using it with this graph and the transmission temperature display on my dash to find the right level, and spend just over $100 CAD doing it myself.

24878480-6759-4b21-be7e-e14313ca36dd_2017-10-20_133506.png

Screenshot_20190506-230523_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Just a heads up for those attempting this. The o-ring where the filter plugs in is a real bugger to get out. Luckily it was brass so I was able top use a small flat screwdriver to lift the lip until it let go,(about 75% of the circumference of the o-ring). Also it is a fun job to get the new one back in, but patience is the key. lol

hey nino. heres a screenshot of the fill instructions for the 62TE transmission. I had to replace just over 5 quarts... I followed these instructions and after the initial 4 quarts(used a siphon pump), the dipstick read 10mm. I then added small amounts of  fluid (with a syringe) around ten times from start up to around 70C to get it to the right level.  I shifted through the gears before each read of the dipstick. Hope this helps. Screenshot_20190506-183455_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c4397f06e14af4566e5ecbdfd641573a.jpg

24878480-6759-4b21-be7e-e14313ca36dd_2017-10-20_133506.png