some questions about the new dodge journey =)

supermikeboi

hey everyone,

i just purchased a 2010 dodge journey 2.4L engine... has approx. 8,500 kms...

service manual says to do oil changes at every 10,000kms, but i think every 5,000kms is better...how often do you guys do oil changes???

also, im planning to get ALL oil changes done at the dealership and i was wondering how much a regular oil change would cost in TORONTO....

another thing about the gear ratio's on the 2.4L... anyone notice when the tranny shifts from first, second and third gear a little over 3,000 RPM???

I have the 3.5L and have the oil changed when the oil change indicator dings. Normally I change my oil between 3-5k miles. Not sure what that converts to. I still have the lifetime warranty and if the motor goes kaput, hopefully Dodge will honor the warranty if it is oil related. Although I probably won't keep the Journey for that long. I usually switch vehicles every few years.

i have a 3.5L, did the first oil change at 5000km. the "change oil" light is supposed to come on to indicate oil changes. when i went in, the dealer said that the dealership recommends changes every 5000km but chrysler canada says 10,000km or when the light comes on. I got my oil changed at brampton chrysler for a total of $48. seems a bit too expensive, i might be looking for some other shop like active green & ross.

I have the 3.5L v6. I use Royal Purple synthetic oil in it. Ask the dealer, but I was told the longest Chrysler wants oil change to go is 6K,or 6500 miles. No matter what type of oil used, the oil filter is IMO the weak link. So, when in doubt ask the dealer and get it in writing if you do not trust their word. My 2cents.

i have a 3.5L, did the first oil change at 5000km. the "change oil" light is supposed to come on to indicate oil changes. when i went in, the dealer said that the dealership recommends changes every 5000km but chrysler canada says 10,000km or when the light comes on. I got my oil changed at brampton chrysler for a total of $48. seems a bit too expensive, i might be looking for some other shop like active green & ross.

Try the Jiify Lube over on Airport and Williams Pkwy. For 41.99 you get oil change AND they vacuum your interior while you wait. With your receipt you can get 50% off at the In/Out car wash next door. I used to take my Chryslers to Mr Lube but they have been getting more and more expensive and pushier on the upsells. BTW if its the Br-Chrys on Van Kirk - they suk. I will never buy a car or service from them again. Just continuously bad experiences. Wait til you have a warranty/service issue. I live in Brampton and bought my Journey @ Bary & Brenda's Ontario Chrysler in Mississauga- recommended :)

I don't know about you folks up in Canada, but down here I can always find a coupon on the Dodge "For Owners" website. Just click on the "Specials & Savings" and then "Seasonal Service Specials". My dealer normally charges $25 for and oil change and $12 for tire rotation, but the Dodge site usually has coupons for an oil change & rotation for $17.95 and recently I had one that also added wiper blades for $21.95, of course this varies by location, and I don't know if they even offer this in Canada.

The main reason I take my vehicle to the dealer for service is that if I have all of my scheduled maintenance done at the dealership then I get two free sets of tires, so it seems like a small price to pay for those big Kuhmo tires!

heres an update... just did an oil change on my dodge in TORONTO... cost just under $45 at the chrysler dealership... i think thats not too bad for an OEM oil and filter change... ive heard that mr.lube and jiffy lube charge more... also, i spoke the the service coordinator, he said there is no glitches to the journey... the only thing ppl have complained about are the brakes wearing fast on the journey... around 20,000kms... he said cuz the car is soo heavy and ppl drive it like a maniac....

Well the service manager at my dealership told me that they have had some problems with the brakes on Journey's. However he told me that the brake package on my Journey is the same as the one used on the Caravan, and the Caravan weighs 300 lbs more than the Journey!

So I can't imagine what is the cause of the problem.