Rubber Bumper Guard

Has anyone come across a rubber rear bumper guard? The kind that would protect the top of the bumper from getting scratched up by the dogs getting in and out :-) I know the top has grooves, so that may prohibit an aftermarket accessory, but thought I would check.

Thanks!

Has anyone come across a rubber rear bumper guard? The kind that would protect the top of the bumper from getting scratched up by the dogs getting in and out :-) I know the top has grooves, so that may prohibit an aftermarket accessory, but thought I would check.

Thanks!

Sorry DogSportz, I have not seen anything yet. I will watch for you though. I spend about 2-3 hrs a night surfing for Journey info.

Rob

• 1 month later...

Hi Jaymista,

Your local Dodge/Chrysler dealer should be able to help you out. So far i bought the Front Wind /Rock Deflector, the Chrome gas Filler door, Locking Gas Cap, Chrome sills for 4-doors, Side Winow Deflectors and locking wheel nuts all from my dealer. When available I will get the heavy duty rear mud flaps and winter mats. At present they only have one type of mud flap which is not what I'm looking for. Also the present winter mats don't impress me that much but we have a few months before we have to worry about it. (I hope)

Keith

• 3 weeks later...

I want/NEED a rubber/hard plastic bumper guard for the back end as well!! Otherwise I will be scratching it up pretty quickly I am sure (I do alot of load ins/outs - I am a mobile DJ)... :banghead:

If anyone knows of a solution soon, please let me know and/or post here!

I want/NEED a rubber/hard plastic bumper guard for the back end as well!! Otherwise I will be scratching it up pretty quickly I am sure (I do alot of load ins/outs - I am a mobile DJ)... :banghead:

If anyone knows of a solution soon, please let me know and/or post here!

the only thing that comes to mind for now til there is something,

1) 3M has a 17mil thick clear paint protection film that sticks on. I put some on my F150 under the door locks and the locking tailgate handle. It works awesome. They usually use it on headlights and the front end of the car to help protect the paint.

2)(just an idea) the same company has various widths of non slip black sticky tape like the kind used on RV steps. It is available in different colors and widths.

I am sure in the near future as these Journeys become mopre mainstream, aftermarket companies will have lots available for them and a rear bumper pad, I am sure, will be here along with headlight covers

Rob

I just submitted a reqest at http://www.invisiblemask.com/contact.html for a Dodge Jouney kit. The more requests they get the quicker they will probably produce one.

As an alternative, I was thinking, what if you took it to one of these places the do spray-in bedliners for pickup trucks, and had them mask around the ridged area, and spray on some of that bedliner material? I don't know for sure how flexible that stuff is, whether it would tend to crack or flake off the bumper because it's more flexible than the coating, but it might be worth asking...

• 2 weeks later...

Submitted the following question at http://www.grizzlygrip.com/

Can your product be used on the top of a plastic bumper cover?

And this is their response:

It can be applied on a bumper. Just make sure to scuff it up with a green scotch pad and wipe down with acetone. Then just apply th grizzly grip right over it. If you have any questions please let us know.

If anyone tries this out, be sure and post your experience/results here.

I just submitted a reqest at http://www.invisiblemask.com/contact.html for a Dodge Jouney kit. The more requests they get the quicker they will probably produce one.

As an alternative, I was thinking, what if you took it to one of these places the do spray-in bedliners for pickup trucks, and had them mask around the ridged area, and spray on some of that bedliner material? I don't know for sure how flexible that stuff is, whether it would tend to crack or flake off the bumper because it's more flexible than the coating, but it might be worth asking...

I dunno this whole scuffing and acetone thing makes me think it will make more damage than what I wanna protect it from. I am really surprised though that Dodge didn't put a rubber scuff pad or something on there

• 1 month later...

Hey DogSportz- Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you with this car... I'll be hauling around a Great Dane, a Boxer and a Mutt... so lots of claw marks coming my way for sure (ESPECIALLY on the black paint). I was able to buy plastic/rubber bumper gaurds on the Honda Passport and Mazda Tribute I used to have, I'm surprised it isn't an accessory offering--at that, i am suprised they don't have a cargo mat that stretches the whole length of the back two rows when laid flat.

Here is what I am thinking of doing for the bumper.... I had bought some black rubber floor runner material at Lowe's that is pretty durable yet flexible stuff. I am going to try cutting a piece that will basically lay out and completely curl over the bumper so that it is completely protected (should the dogs happen to scramble in or out and possibly scratch the paint perpendicular to the flat top part of the bumper. On the back-side of the runner/matting I will glue down a felt backing so that it doesnt scratch the bumper when laying out across it. I will try affixing it with bolts or upholstery push-rivets INSIDE the storage compartment in the trunk area--this way when not in use I can just flop it into the storage bin and its out-of-sight and then it will be secured in so that it won't slip out from under their paws when they are racing in or out of the car.

If I can make this work I will post some pictures.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I like this bumper guard for the journey:

http://www.autohispania.com/paragolpes-tra...y-p-191094.html

I ordered the bumper guard that I liked. When it arrived it surprised me very favourably because it is made of a rigid plastic of very good quality, the pic I saw in the web page was of very bad quality and really don't represent the good quality of the item.

Yerterday I mounted it myself in only 5 minutes: You only need a plane screw driver to take out 4 plastic kind of screws, clean the surface (it is provided a 3M clean towel), take out a bit the adhesive paper on the back of the new bumper guard. Put the new bumper guard in place, fix again the plastic screws, and then take out all the adhesive paper from the bcak of the new bumper guard and press. Thats all folks!.

I put the links to some pictures so you can see how great it looks now, and also pics of the mounting instructions. No more scratches in the bumper!

7a9dd607ad.jpg

Cheers

This is exactly what I am looking for, it looks great! Anyone know of a US source? Or could my dealer get ahold of one?

Thanks!

I ordered the bumper guard that I liked. When it arrived it surprised me very favourably because it is made of a rigid plastic of very good quality, the pic I saw in the web page was of very bad quality and really don't represent the good quality of the item.

Yerterday I mounted it myself in only 5 minutes: You only need a plane screw driver to take out 4 plastic kind of screws, clean the surface (it is provided a 3M clean towel), take out a bit the adhesive paper on the back of the new bumper guard. Put the new bumper guard in place, fix again the plastic screws, and then take out all the adhesive paper from the bcak of the new bumper guard and press. Thats all folks!.

I cannot upload in this forum the pics, but I have put them in a free upload place. I put the links to some pictures so you can see how great it looks now, and also pics of the mounting instructions. No more scratches in the bumper!

This is exactly what I am looking for, it looks great! Anyone know of a US source? Or could my dealer get ahold of one?

Thanks!

DogSportz,

I ordered my bumper guard from the web page http://www.autohispania.com/paragolpes-tra...y-p-191094.html

It cost me 138€ plus shipping, a total of 155€

But later I realized, thanks to the post made by Noren that the bumper guard I have is the same one as the one that Vmaxx has and much cheaper, lol :D

Here is the web page of Vmaxx:

http://www.vmaxx.de/en/public/?action=home

There are lots of very nice "adds on" to the Dodge Journey. (The same bumper guard I have they have it in silver), and also there is one made of stainless steel.

There are also some very interesting things like the code "VM01800 design part for rear bumper, ABS, silver, self-adhesive"

and the code "VM01865 rear door strip stainless steel polished". I add some pics:

5271d552b8.jpg

734fbd9927.jpg

75fbd0ea18.jpg

7ab10bebbf.jpg

badd74b0d0.jpg

95d99fb1c8.jpg

In the web page of Vmaxx there is a list of international distributors. I'm gonna try with the spanish distributor that surprisingly is only about 4 kms from my home, lol :D

Here you have the distributor for the US, in his web it doesn't appear yet Journey's parts. I think this could be because this products are really new in the market:

Sherwood Automotive

1050 North El. Mirage Rd H101

Avondale, AZ 85323, USA

fon: +1 - 62 39 25 57 09 (Main Office)

fax: +1 - 62 39 25 56 41

eMail: info@autoxclusive.com

Web: www.autoxclusive.com

Cheers and good luck :D

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yeah, id love to find a rear bump cover. my dogs nails have already scratched mine to the point im going to have to get it redone before my lease is up, terrible design imo. my local dealer also had no recommendations for protecting it, any one know of something available in the US?