Dodge Journey 2009 Gearbox serial

shad0wboss

Hey guys. I have a '09 Journey and the gearbox is giving me a problem. A new transmission is costing me around $10k so i am trying to find parts/second hand. Since my car has a VW Passat's engine, i was wondering if the dual clutch transmission is also VW's? If that is the case, can someone give me the serial number of some reference number of this VW dual clutch transmission?

Cheers

Hey, so a few things. First, how is a new transmission costing 10k??? The car is not even worth 10k if it is a 2009. Also, did you do an engine/tranny swap? The 3.5l and the 2.4l are not VW engines, and VW just started making their DSG transmissions in 2006 I believe, so it's unlikely they would put that transmission in a Dodge. Either you have done some insane engine/tranny mods to your DJ or someone is wildly misinforming you and trying to overcharge you for a transmission. 

So I am in Europe and I have a DJ 2009 2.0 diesel. I know as much that the engine is actually VW Passat’s old pumpe duse or so it’s called. I went to Jeep and they said that installing a new transmission with labor etc will cost 10k in total. My other option is to look for a similar piece second hand or at the demolition sites but I need details on that transmission. It’s a dual clutch auto

Edited by shad0wboss