8.4 Uconnect GPS is iGo Primo software?

Hi everyone...New to the forum.  I recently purchased a used 2014 Journey Limited.  It came with an 8.4 touch screen that has navigation.  As you can imagine, the map is dated.  I did a search online and couldn't for the life of me find out how to update this.  Even the Dodge site asks me to enter in a 10 digit code which can be found by following steps that they provide (keep in mind that I had to provide my year and model and trim).  However, none of the steps match my navigation menu options.  And when I finally get to the map info, there is no 10 digit number to use.  I am dumbfounded...When I search the Igo Primo site, there are no options to choose Dodge or Chrysler.  I have updated the Uconnect software and it is running the latest version (which was from 2016).  Is there a way to update the iGo Primo map?  I mean, I can always just use Google maps on my phone, but it would be nice to have the navigation on the screen.

Apologies if I'm beating an old topic...I just couldn't find anything specific to iGo Primo when I did a search.

Just checked the Chrysler map update page.  There are detailed instructions regarding how to get your 10 digit code from your unit.  I'm sure you followed those.  If the unit ID is not there and your unit is not running Garmin maps, then you should suspect that your unit has been hacked and new software loaded.  I would return to whomever you purchased the vehicle from asap.

Good luck. 

Thanks for the reply!

Definitely not Garmin...And the instructions from the website are nowhere near what the menu looks like on my screen.  I'll try and post some pics later.

I'd return it, but it has over 75k miles on it, and was bought from a dealership that isn't Dodge/Chrysler.  I don't think they'd really care less or know what's supposed to be on there.  Looks like it's Google Maps for me!

Well, here are the pics....The startup screen is definitely UConnect.  It looks like everything except the nav software is genuine.  On one of the screens it says to go to naviextras.com to get map updates...Did that, but nothing there I could find had anything remotely related to UConnect or even Infotainment.

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image4.jpeg

I don't recognize this software.  Maybe someone else here would.  Does the system have full functionality?  If so, I'd probably just use it as is for now.  Are the maps really that inadequate that you definitely need an update?  There may be some features that are advantageous over uconnect.  I like the OBD functionality.   I'd try phone and email contact if further attempts to get a web update are unsuccessful.  I'd think the company would want to support the software and make money off of things like enhancements and map updates.  Dunno.  The GUI definitely looks like it is intended to work with uconnect.  I wouldn't give up on this software just yet.   If all goes haywire,  I would assume that the system could be reset back to Chrysler default software.  If you figure it out, please share with the forum.  Good luck.  

Peace. 

Clearly something on the market that is an external device, based on the fact that the bottom of the screens look stock.  Learning to use Google can be a great asset.

Contact their support group, describe your vehicle and ask what the story is and if you can get documentation so you can get map updates.  It could well be something of interest to any of the members here.

Looks like a North America map update is about $70 AND they have a chat widget that can speed up the exchange.

This must be what you have:  https://automotiveintsolutions.com/products/dcjnav1

Edited by bramfrank