Almost 3 weeks with DJ 2014 SXT 3.6

Peter_pan

Hi, finaly i bought a 2014 sxt DJ and so far so good. Mine has the 3.6lt engine and i can't say that im impressed with the power and 6speed transmission.  Maybe mine has any beels and whistles? Has 96.000khm on it, no engine lights or anything un-normal. Cant say that this car has almost 300hp! Maybe because is heavy?

So you like the car?  Its does have 283hp at sea level when new.  Hopefully the previous owner didn't abuse the engine.   Not sure where you live, but cars lose about 3% hp per 1000 feet above sea level.  I live at nearly 7000 feet, so I lose 21% off of the hp rating.  That's nearly 60hp.  It's not a sports car.  It's a strong crossover or SUV.  It is a heavy vehicle.   Load it up with passengers and cargo, and that makes a difference too.  The six speed transmission is fine, imo.  Treat it well and it should return the favor.  Good luck.

Peace.

Hi, so far i do love that car, i have no complaints. Just i was expecting that will be faster as it is. By reading almost 300hp i had higher expectations. Is my first suv though. About gearbox i mean that is not so "smart", tgere is times tgat isnt sure about what to do, downshift or upshift or keep same gear, i assume is something i have to use to.