My apologies if this is the incorrect subject here but I can't see anywhere else it should go.

My 2010 Journey includes a rechargeable flashlight in the rear. It appears, however, that its battery is dead and won't take/hold a charge. When I attempt to turn it on the bulb lights up for about 2 seconds and then goes out. 

On the assumption that the battery is indeed worn out, my question is "Can the battery be replaced?".

There appears to be a small notch on one side where you could insert a small screw driver and separate the case. I haven't done this yet as I don't want to risk breaking it. At the very least, if I do nothing the flashlight occupies its intended location and doesn't look as though something's missing (as it would if I break it and can't put it back in its socket).

Flashlight.jpg

Here's a thread from the Chrysler Town and Country forums that show how to replace the battery... It even has the part number to order it from the dealer. https://forum.chryslerminivan.net/showthread.php/47361-How-To-Replace-the-Battery-in-the-Rechargeable-Flashlight

I also saw online a few websites have the flashlight itself for $37.00, not sure how much the battery costs at the dealer but either way it seems like it'll be cheap and easy. 

• 6 months later...

Last summer I bought a battery off of Amazon, replaced it, and the flashlight worked again.  I have noticed that the flashlight hasn't been working again though, so I may need to check to see if there is a connection issue with the metal prongs.