Need help please on Rear Defroster

OK first off I have repaired rear defrosters in the past and I cant find an explination on anything here or anywhere for my issue and heres what Ive found

First off only had my 2011 Journey RT AWD for about 8 months and I live in the very cold part of Canada in the winter. So i never had time to figure this out.

I hit the rear defroster switch light comes on .. stays on for about 5-10 min then turns off as it should bit wont defog the rear window.

Pulled the panel off no voltage at the contact... hit the switch now I have 12volts... then check the other side also with 12 volts... hit the switch goes back to 0 volts.

Across the entire grid 12 volts from left to right no change 12 volts across but comfirming with a thermal temp gun temp never changed on the grid or anywhere the rear defroster is on the window stays a constant temp. 

So I confirmed switch works as it should and voltage across the back window from left to right.. with a test light and multi meter...

even used the multi meter from side to side of one of the lines it produces 1 ohm of resistance which I figure is too low.

My wife has a 2012 caravan basically same car and parts... and her defroster works.. it has increased resistance but at 6 volts 

so why would I have 12 volts across and no heat generated. 

Does the journey have a relay somewhere for this.. I cant hear a click anywhere when i turn the switch on.

Please help as winter is comming and any help is appreciated 

I have to say you’ve done a great job on troubleshooting!  I would think if you have voltage the relay is operational.

My 09 is at the body shop so I can’t say what the resistance is, but should have it back by Saturday.

Try checking the ground for good contact and the connectors at the window .  I know you are getting voltage but maybe something is dirty? All things being equal if you have voltage it should be heating up.  Did you check each line or just the sides?  Try each line a foot apart at the middle of the window.  Maybe there is a scratch that you can’t see in the grid.

Thats all I can think of, I’m stumped!

Ok yes I checked multiple locations on the actual grid all showing 12 volts but no heating up.. Im stumped as well... It should be working but its not and Ive tried all things I can think of other than Im getting 12volts but the grid isnt heating up... so maybe I need an entire whole new grid as it seems to have no resistance anywhere thus not creating heat 

well after taking apart the back hatch rear inside corner panel figured it out the ground where ever it is, is bad. found the wire at the connecter back probed the wire it was the right one but it was a bad ground just cut the wire made a new one and bam defroster working. all back together and all seems well now I just need to try it in the morning and make sure its all good. Thanks for the quick responses. I just wish our Journey's had a hanes manual