Hello all!

I've got a few problems driving me mad at the moment. Was hoping for feedback.

1. Drivers side door luck.

A few months ago now the driver's side door decided to luck and would not open. I initially thought it was the locking mechanism but eventually found out that it is a computer fault.

The initial fix was great...unhook the negative terminal on the battery and hey Presto! An open door...well for a couple of weeks and then do the same thing again. It gradually got worse to the point were I'm doing the battery disconnect a few times a day. It seems to have a mind of its own!

My current thinking is that the computer needs a complete flash reset.

Does anyone have any info on this?

2. Engine warning light comes on but it's done this since I got the car and have drummed up around 12,000 miles with no problem. I plugged in the engine diagnostic tool and it comes up with a P2563 code.

Again, any info would be great on this thanks.

3. When fuel gets low the engine stumbles slightly. Anyone else had this?

Thanks for the help and info if you have any.

Edited by 2009DJTDI

35 minutes ago, jkeaton said:

General Motors killed almost any chance for a diesel passenger vehicle engine back in the 80's. They are slowly making a return. 

I’m a firm diesel believer, I’ve owned tons and they are always better on fuel and really reliable.  If the journey wasn’t a 7 seater I would have found something else and dropped a VW TDI into it 

I think you should start a new thread fellas.Not really helping with my original questions....but the engine is supplied by VW...2.0 litre turbo. That's why I bought the car but the other problems have been a nightmare. Should have stuck with my old vw golf estate. Mercer let me down once.