Radio not getting 12v nor turning on

Just picked up my 09 journey for $1,400 Canadian, it has its fair share of issues.  While waiting on parts to come in I’ve decided to tackle or attempt to tackle some electrical.  Currently the radio does not turn on or make a sound.  The previous owner said it just quit.  Upon removing the Radio shroud I saw the screws were missing that were used to hold the radio in which makes me wonder if this is even the correct radio for my journey.  Anyways I went ahead and tested all the wires in the connectors and not one of the puts out 12V with the key on or running.  And yes the M12? 30A fuse under the hood is good.  

Also there was a black and blue connector not connected to anything that puts out 12V 

A4DD921D-50C4-458A-989A-E686B4C48AFF.jpeg

0AA42A1F-0C48-40DD-A2DA-8B5B7FD72E7C.jpeg

5D51B363-99D0-4553-A89C-4C7544DE2552.jpeg

34 minutes ago, jkeaton said:

Is that the correct connector for power? There are a bunch there. 

After unplugging the dual climate controls and radio that’s what’s left.  The blue and black wasn’t connected to anything.  When I did the voltage testing with my multimeter one heavier wire was putting out 2v so I did a bench test and put 12V to it and the radio illuminated and made it sound like was trying to accept a disc.  I’m wondering if the radio itself is shot 

Edited by blissman20

If it were me and the radio is shot, I would go aftermarket.  Try Crutchfield.  You put your car info in, what you are looking for and results come up.  Just did this for my sons Chrysler.  I wanted him to have hands free phone,etc.  looked there and did a live chat with a representative.  She found a  radio that I missed, showed me a install kit, and never pushed.  Got everything I needed to install for $180!  And that was an Alpine unit!  You might be able to get Bluetooth and Nav (if that’s something you’d want) for way less then factory...

Good luck!  Let us know what you do....

52 minutes ago, OhareFred said:

If it were me and the radio is shot, I would go aftermarket.  Try Crutchfield.  You put your car info in, what you are looking for and results come up.  Just did this for my sons Chrysler.  I wanted him to have hands free phone,etc.  looked there and did a live chat with a representative.  She found a  radio that I missed, showed me a install kit, and never pushed.  Got everything I needed to install for $180!  And that was an Alpine unit!  You might be able to get Bluetooth and Nav (if that’s something you’d want) for way less then factory...

Good luck!  Let us know what you do....

I’ll have to check them out! Thanks!!