Shift into reverse heard pop noise fluid leaking

Olivea

I don't know if this the right forum to post if not please direct me to the right one. My husband tried to shift the car in  reverse and heard a pop noise. It was loud enough to were our friends who was standing outside heard it too. Then fluid started leaking out from the bottom. Our car is a 2016 dodge journey with 52208 miles. Any advice or what could've been the caused?

My mother works with O'Reilly and said it could be the gear box fluid for shifting the gears?

We keep up with maintenance  and never misused the car. Again any advice would be great.

Given that it happened when changing gears, I'd say it's probably the transmission. If the fluid that is leaking is pink/red, that's more proof.  You should still be covered under the powertrain warranty - have it towed to a dealer (which may even be covered under that warranty - but don't quote me on that) and let them fix it.  Don't try to drive it until it's fixed (sometimes, you just have to state the obvious).