Connecting OBD II Scanner to 2016 Journey

ixlr8hrd

As noted I have a 2016 Journey.  The Check Engine Light came on recently, and now is on solid and the car is running fine, but I really want to know what it is telling me...unfortunately I wasn't driving the car when it came on, and no one can tell me when it came on...(Kids, and wife!)  I am trying to connect an Actron CP9575 (Sotware Version D35B).  I connect the scanner and attempt to push the Start button to put the car in to "Run" mode.  Unfortunately the "Off" button dims and pushing the start button does not change it to "Run".  I put the car in "Run" mode first and then plug the scanner in...and the car goes crazy!  The wipers start the center screen (behind the steering wheel) is displaying Check AWD, Fuel Low, etc...  the list goes on.   I pull the scanner off and the car returns to normal and starts up, but the CEL remains on.  I have updated the scanner to the latest update offered by Actron.  I have two questions:

1. Does anyone know if this scanner is compatible with this car?...I figure it is since the scanner is ODB II/EODB it would work.

2. If it is compatible, I have searched all over trying to find the right procedure for hooking this scanner to the vehicle and getting it to link properly to the car.  What am I missing?

Thanks for all responses in advance...I am really stuck here.

Eric

The scanner i have tells me to plug the scanner in and put it into "Run" but the car won't go to run mode once the scanner is plugged into the Vehicle OBD II port.  When I plug the scanner in to the port the scanner does power up...sits in "Working" mode for about 2 minutes then comes up with a "Can't link to Vehicle" please try again...I just can't think of why this isn't working...I plugged the scanner into my work car (2012 Chevy Impala) and it read that vehicle just fine.  So I know the scanner is working.

POST ADDITION:  The Journey is running fine as far as I can tell.  I just can't get the CEL to reset.  It's on solid.  I even tried the put the car in run, press the gas pedal to the floor 3 times within 10 seconds and that didn't turn off the CEL.

I'll assume your past your warranty period, or you would of just taken it to the dealer. If so, have you thought about taking it to a parts store that will do a CEL check for free? This will let you see if their machine works on your car (and maybe tell you why it won't work), and if they can clear the code. Our local Auto Zone or Aamco does a free check.

Well believe it or not. The light went off today. Filled it up with gas. It was at about a 1/3 of a tank. I had checked the gas cap earlier as one of the first things I looked at...drove the car and the light never went off.  I have contacted Actron to see if my scanner is compatible with the Journey, just haven’t heard back from them. 

Thanks for all the the quick responses!