something is seriously wrong

so my battery kept draining in the winter and was really bad when cold. installed new battery and thicker gauge cables and had not had any problems for awhile. over last few weeks im back to it draining after just one day of sitting there. i know i need to find the cause of the drain and i will hopefully get to that really soon.

but what is really strange is that i connected it to a trickle charger, which has worked fantastic on other vehicles for keeping them charged, and on the journey it actually makes the battery die faster. and not only just enough to not start in less than 24 hours but completely dead, no lights, clicks, noises anything, 100% dead.

i just don't understand how a battery charger can cause the battery to drain 3 times faster than it already was

any ideas on whats the cause?

I’ve been working on cars and electric since I was 15 (right after the dinosaurs died) and never heard of that! 

As as far as the drain goes, I will assume you checked the normal things like key fob too close, glove box light on, delay head lamps not shutting off light.  I know it sound stupid with your battery  draining but try DISCONNECTING it for an hour (longer if you have the time) to try and reset all the computers.  If that doesn’t work you’ll need to get a meter and pull fuses one at a time to narrow it down....

Wasnt there an issue with the radio not shutting down?  I recall something about the BCM causing the  battery to drain as well......

everything as far as i know is shutting off. and i dont have the uconnect, and actually have an aftermarket radio, and it does turn off.

i know i need to start pulling fuses to determine the ultimate cause, but just thought it extremely weird that a charger kills the battery even faster.

did some testing today and this is wha i found

with ammeter in series with battery

at first amperage starts at almost 2a

then it after a minute or so comes down to about 1a

then fades down to around 0.27a

pulling the m7 fuse for power outlet 2 causes about .09 drop bringing me to around 0.16

there is nothing connected to the power outlet...

pulling the m30 fuse for rr wiper / pwr fold mirror, j1962 causes a .04 drop bringing me down around 0.12

and after several more minutes it will drop to a resting current draw of about .02a with the above fuses pulled.

also pulling the j13 or m13 fuses doesnt do anything, but when reinstalled they bring the draw back up to around 2a then repeats the above process. both fuses are associated with iod

with the m7 and m3 fuses in it rests around 0.15 0.16

which is 150-160ma