Door Locks

Perestrelo

Hi,  I have a 2009 Dodge Journey Se.    My driver and passenger door lock switches do not work, windows and mirrors work fine.  Using the key fob,  the doors lock and unlock fine also when opening the drivers door they will unlock.  My dealer says all my recalls are done and up to date.  I have checked the harnesses between the doors, they are ok.  I have power and ground to the door switches and I can see  the voltage change on the door lock switches with a multi meter when pressing the buttons.  I have tried unhooking the battery already.   

What am I missing?  

Has anyone else had and solved this problem?

thanks

Mark 

I have done that already and it says it has already been done.  I also double checked with the dealer to make sure and they also said it has been done.   I have voltage to the door lock wiring on both driver and passenger sides, it also cycles with switch activation.  Seems weird for both sides to stop at the same time.

Thanks for the reply's everyone.  I should have looked at all my faults I had in the beginning instead of tunnel vision on the door locks.  These are the faults I have.

C1008 Status: ACTIVE • Brake Fluid Level Circuit High 2.

B1B02 Status: ACTIVE/MIL • Driver Airbag Squib 1 Circuit Open

P0463 Status: ACTIVE/MIL • Fuel Level Sensor "A" Circuit High

Plus the driver and passenger door lock/ unlock switches not working. (They work fine with the key fob)

I have found that I have an open on the Squib 1 circut(part on order)

I checked out some wiring diagrams for the fuel level sensor, door locks and brake fluid switch.  All three issues use the common pin 34 Lt green and tan wire(switch return) at the C7 connector at TIPM. 

I checked continuity on the brake fluid level switch and wires ok  (switch is open--- ok)

Tested the fuel level sensor ( had continuity) 

Tested the door lock wiring (driver side and passenger side) pins and they were getting continuity as well when pressing the unlock switch.

At this point I am suspecting a faulty TIPM.  The assembly date is 04-23-2008.  I saw somewhere they made a batch of faulty TIPM.  Anyone able to confirm this?

Thanks again for the input everyone.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/21/2018 at 11:10 AM, OhareFred said:

I seem to recall a discussion about a drivers door module.  Man I wish I could remember more.  Try a search for door module see if anything pops up.  Hopefully someone else will remember more...

Happy to see this thread resolved. I wanted to reply to the quoted post in case the solution in this thread doesn't help. I think you're referring to my thread here.

Edited by 09RT

• 1 year later...
On 21/02/2018 at 8:18 AM, Perestrelo said:

I have done that already and it says it has already been done.  I also double checked with the dealer to make sure and they also said it has been done.   I have voltage to the door lock wiring on both driver and passenger sides, it also cycles with switch activation.  Seems weird for both sides to stop at the same time.

This same process i followed with the locksmith and it also worked for me.