Journey R/T Custom Exhaust

I finally got my exhaust done.  I decided to stick with the stock resonator, delete the mufflers and add 4 inch black powder coated tips for looks.  Let me know what you think of the sound.  Once I get a good car wash I’ll post a couple pics.

Edited by WytChoclitJ

15 hours ago, Armando G said:

Dude, that is cool!!! I wish i could do that to mine, but being in California we have very strict smog laws and I think removing the muffler isn't even an option.

Sounds great...good job.

That sucks!  I knew California was more strict, but I didn't know exactly how strict.

47 minutes ago, Bryman31 said:

awesome!!! what brand are the tips??

I'll do you one better.  I bought them from Bear River Converters through eBay.  Their website is http://www.bearriverconverters.com/.  It looks like they relisted the tips I bought.  Here is the link.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/JST139K-PAIR-2-5-Black-Round-Exhaust-Tips-2-1-2-Inlet-4-Outlet-5-Long-/162285043356?hash=item25c8f13e9c    

On 1/15/2018 at 7:59 PM, Armando G said:

Dude, that is cool!!! I wish i could do that to mine, but being in California we have very strict smog laws and I think removing the muffler isn't even an option.

Sounds great...good job.

I live in California you can remove anything you want as long as your catalytic convertors are left in place hence the name catback exhaust systems. So if you want a straight pipe after your catalytic convertor its fine smog will pass besides you'll know its legal because no licensed shop will remove your catalytic convertor since it is illegal for them to do so if they arn't replacing them.

Weird, this CA law actually says different. 

Vehicle Code 21750. Adequate muffler required

27150. (a) Every motor vehicle subject to registration shall at all times be equipped with an adequate muffler in constant operation and properly maintained to prevent any excessive or unusual noise, and no muffler or exhaust system shall be equipped with a cutout, bypass, or similar device.

In summary all cars and other motor vehicles must be equipped with a muffler, and any exhaust modifications must not be designed to increase the exhaust noise above 95 dbA.

18 minutes ago, Armando G said:

Weird, this CA law actually says different. 

Vehicle Code 21750. Adequate muffler required

27150. (a) Every motor vehicle subject to registration shall at all times be equipped with an adequate muffler in constant operation and properly maintained to prevent any excessive or unusual noise, and no muffler or exhaust system shall be equipped with a cutout, bypass, or similar device.

In summary all cars and other motor vehicles must be equipped with a muffler, and any exhaust modifications must not be designed to increase the exhaust noise above 95 dbA.

You’re  now going into a whole different subject yes noise will be an issue, but emissions will pass as long as your cats are in this is in California. The point Armando so everybody knows is in CA you can modify your exhaust as long as cats are in, but aftermarket mufflers are the best option to keep the noise level down so you won’t get a citation for the noise. 

Edited by Darthstar7

• 6 months later...