Anyone seen this?

grice

And Dodge didn't believe me when 4 years ago  my wife's 2011 dodge journey R/T rolled backwards 15 feet into a fence when it was left idling in park. HUH, I Think a big fat I TOLD YOU SO is in order.

Screenshot_20180104-192837.jpg

Edited by grice

Yes , Journey and truck are different , Similar situation. Without going into great length we ended up with a case manager through Chrysler and all they would ever say was go through your insurance. My insurance company said that's ridiculous and proceeded to call them on my behalf and they stonewalled us. pretty much didn't believe us, But its nice to see similar things happen, Just proves how full of shit they are. Regardless Dodge has lost all business from my family members... Thumbs down Dodge.

I'm with you grice. Dealerships do not seem to believe the consumer when out of the ordinary situations happen. My daughter is currently fighting with Ford with an error code issue that they swear could not happen. She has to now take a picture of the screen every time she turns her car on. While my brother in-law is fighting with Chevy about his Colorado switching into 4X4 mode in the middle of the freeway. He now has a Go-Pro pointed at the switch every time he drives the truck. Both dealers swear these things could never happen and of course does not happen when you are at the dealership trying to get it diagnosed. They of course don't hesitate charging a diagnostic fee for not finding the problem. I wonder if they get a lot of people claiming crazy things, so they doubt everyone else that comes in. Luckily Dodge has been really good with me, but I know what you mean grice.

17 hours ago, grice said:

And Dodge didn't believe me when 4 years ago  my wife's 2011 dodge journey R/T rolled backwards 15 feet into a fence when it was left idling in park. HUH, I Think a big fat I TOLD YOU SO is in order.

Screenshot_20180104-192837.jpg

Sorry to hear about what happened to your journey, but this is a completely unrelated problem. No automaker is going to take the hit for a something that occurs only once, especially something where they aren't able to confirm what happened. Every automaker comes across issues like these. 2005 Ford Explorers caught on fire when cruise control was turned on, 2014 GM cars would switch off on the highway while driving, Toyotas and Lexus cars accelerated on their own in 2009 are just a few instances. did you take it to the dealership to get it looked at and see if they could find a defect? Below is what the recall for RAM trucks is about. 

"Fiat Chrysler said the issue applies to shifters mounted to steering columns, not rotary-dial shifters or floor-mounted shifters. The issue arises when the brake pedal is pressed for a long stretch while the driver is idling in park mode, disabling the brake-transmission shift interlock and then allowing the shifter to move out of park mode."