Door clunking

mikeray78

Hi my ‘17 journey 17,000km driver side door is making a horrible clunking sound.

its coming from where the detent piece goes past the roller.  Dealer put white grease on it which did nothing.  Anyone else with this issue?

starting to feel like i bought a lemon. Drivers seat recline doesn’t lock into place without pulling seat back to lock.  And brakes squeal when it’s cold.

I owned a ‘13 from new as well and drove it to 150,000 without a problem. 

Anyone else find the build quality gone downhill?

A clunk indicates that there is something moving around and banging against something else - grease doesn't fix an adjustment or loose component.  Get the dealer to fix it properly.

The recliner lever doesn't return?  Sounds like a spring.

Squealing brakes when cold?  That's one you might have to live with.  It is often due to the thin rust layer that develops as brakes cool from use in fairly humid clients where temperatures drop at night and especially where the vehicle is parked outdoors - once it is cleared away the brakes tend to quiet down.

Your dealer has to actually DO something for a problem to be resolved - putting grease on a loose component is like putting lipstick on a pig.

• 5 years later...