Rear Door Won't Open

Hi, I have a problem with my 2010 Dodge Journey. 

About a month ago the rear door intermittently wouldn't open from inside or out with the key or central locking from drivers door, but the button on the door does pop up as if it has unlocked. This has increasingly worsened to a point where we have been unable to open the door for over a week. When it first happened I removed the child lock thinking it may have been something to do with that but the fault returned.

I would like to try and fix the problem but unfortunately if the door won't open I can't remove the trim. 

I would be very grateful for any advice.

There was a writeup on how to open the rear hatch from the inside on the forum.  Dont remember exactly how to do it if thats the door giving you issues.

If its one of the  side doors, you could have a bad lock motor, broken handle connection, or broken/bent arms.  Unfortunately the only way to fix those is to take off the internal door panel.  You might be able to loose everything enough to look in and grab the arm to open the door but I dont know.  Someone here who does body work will chime in Im sure...

should be able to get a locksmith to use a slim jim since it is a side door....also this is for the front doors it might help or check out you tube videos for help...Dodge Journey DIY Maintenance & Repair Guides.      then scroll down to pauls dodge journey info.....

Edited by 2late4u
more info

• 3 weeks later...