No heat

dodgpwr

By dodgpwr, 11 hours ago in Forum Help and 

help i have no heat inside the cabin....ive done some diagnosing and backflushed the heater core and checked the blend doors....i am not getting heat into the heater core and ive been told it could be a stuck open tstat or a plugged oil cooler.....09 3.5 sxt 175,000kms

• 2 weeks later...

The coolant runs thru the oil cooler so if it was plugged it would affect the flow.....i am using a short cut from a very close friend who's a mechanic.....its quite simple to do....if u very carefully open the crimps on the tubes u can move them aside and slide the core right out and retold the crimps back to the new one....u just change the seal that come with the new one and don't have to take the whole dash apart

19 hours ago, dodgpwr said:

The coolant runs thru the oil cooler so if it was plugged it would affect the flow.....i am using a short cut from a very close friend who's a mechanic.....its quite simple to do....if u very carefully open the crimps on the tubes u can move them aside and slide the core right out and retold the crimps back to the new one....u just change the seal that come with the new one and don't have to take the whole dash apart

Crap, you are correct. I keep forgetting about that.  :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2017 at 7:59 AM, dodgpwr said:

@dodgpwr

Any chance you could explain the process in more detail?

Any diagrams or photos?9