no airintake replacements?

1 hour ago, jkeaton said:

There are none. The vehicle is already equipped with a cold air intake. An aftermarket intake will be a ram air type that sucks hot air from the engine compartment. They are a waste of money and only good for looks and sound.

good to know.  what about just the filter replacement?  worth it or not?

Not to me, but others will chime in swearing that they have picked up XXHP and  XXMPG's just by installing a filter. To me, spending $10-15 every 2 years for a paper filter is better than spending twice that much for, say a K&N drop in filter that requires periodic cleaning and oiling. Which is a pain.

i use the K&N filter as i bought it for my 2011 journey at that time i couldn't find air filter for less than $20 for the journey,( i paid about $40. off amazon and figured after 2 filters i was even) so when i traded the journeyt in i kept it for my 14 crossroad. Since then air filter for the journeys are easier to find and the price has comer down some. and yes cleaning it isn't any problems but you do have to let it dry which takes a while and then re-oil it, no big problem and as Jkeaton has said many claim seeing mpg and or increased horsepower from using it  and that is a big laugh as you won't see that...better off switching to syn oil for any benefits....i did buy a K&N cabin air filter which will save you big $$ as them little filters can get expensive and it's just a simple clean it and let it dry or shake it to get rid of excess water and spray with whatever you want to put on it ( i just use some pledge clean and dust) and replace......

On 8/27/2017 at 8:39 PM, Bryman31 said:

so in my new search ive found ZERO air intakes for the journey's?  this kinda sucks really.  unless im missing something someone else knows??  really several aftermarket headlight housings but ZERO cold air intakes

There are intakes that will delete both restrictive resonators on the Journey. RPM-Motorsports in Arizona provides them. I purchased one in my opinion it wasn't worth the price I bought it for 200 dollars I did notice the throttle response was on point other than that more noise and mpg was the same. If they were to change its price to 80-100 dollars then I would think it's worth it. Installation wasn't bad but top plenum must be removed for RPM motorsports resonator intake delete to be installed properly.

12 hours ago, Eduardo831 said:

There are intakes that will delete both restrictive resonators on the Journey. RPM-Motorsports in Arizona provides them. I purchased one in my opinion it wasn't worth the price I bought it for 200 dollars I did notice the throttle response was on point other than that more noise and mpg was the same. If they were to change its price to 80-100 dollars then I would think it's worth it. Installation wasn't bad but top plenum must be removed for RPM motorsports resonator intake delete to be installed properly.

thanks for that info.  do you happen to have a pic of it installed?

also whats the "top plenum"?

Edited by Bryman31

On 8/28/2017 at 7:14 AM, jkeaton said:

Not to me, but others will chime in swearing that they have picked up XXHP and  XXMPG's just by installing a filter. To me, spending $10-15 every 2 years for a paper filter is better than spending twice that much for, say a K&N drop in filter that requires periodic cleaning and oiling. Which is a pain.

Amen to jkeaton. Maybe an increase in a supped up street racer...not daily drivers.

On 8/31/2017 at 9:16 PM, Bryman31 said:

thanks for that info.  do you happen to have a pic of it installed?

also whats the "top plenum"?

Sure Ill post a picture later today and TOP plenum is where the throttle body is mounted on the journey is made of some sort of plastic composite on other vehicles plenums are made of aluminum or steel just various.

3 hours ago, Eduardo831 said:

Sure Ill post a picture later today and TOP plenum is where the throttle body is mounted on the journey is made of some sort of plastic composite on other vehicles plenums are made of aluminum or steel just various.

ill keep an eye out for your pic.  maybe point out which piece you had to take off.  itll help an amateur like me out.  did the instructions state having to remove it as well?

So this intake resonator delete kit is by RPM-Motorsports I say its overpriced but still bought it $199 it has stock air box and drop in K&N filter btw. Is it louder cant say I have an aftermaret exhaust, but throttle body response is noticeable. Also Top Plenum has to be removed as seen in the pics since tube is one piece you risk scratching the tube or tearing a cable.

• 2 months later...