8.4N & Ipods and Album Track Order

hello forum!

just got my new journey with Uconnect 8.4N (RB5) and hooked up an older iPod Touch (Gen 2), picks up all artists and albums no problem. However album tracks are organized in alphabetical order and not per the properly tagged album track order. I've done some googling and stuff and realize this is common issue and chrysler/uconnect people seem to say this is an iPod problem. options to include putting the track number in the song title as a work around or making each album into a playlist in correct sequence. both these 'work arounds' suck and i don't want to do this. I've read some reports that older iPod classics may work and albums have the tracks in correct order on the UConnect. Can anyone here confirm this with the 8.4N RB5 system? If so can anyone confirm which exact generation / model they are using???

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I am working on trying to figure it out as well... made several contacts, but nothing for sure yet.

This random file arrangement happens to me when using my iTunes playlist, either with the USB inpur, the SD card, the CD, the CD MP3 or DVD audio... each one is random when you view the information... nothing is ever the same regardless of how I prepare the media... still looking for the magic FORMAT to make this work each and every time, regardless of the source.

I recently purchased an iPod touch with hopes that the newer OS would perform better than my classic. With my classic I get these skips or drops in the music. They last a fraction of a second. They are annoying as $#!+ whenever the volume is up at all. The skips occur about every 30 minutes or so. Sometimes more often. I HATE them. Unfortunately, the skips occur just as frequently with the touch. There's $300 bucks wasted! With my classic all my albums are organized exactly as they are on the iPod and iTunes. All my album tracks are in the correct order. With the touch, I get the alphabetical song sequencing.

My iPod classic is the video version. Under About, the version is 1.3. The model is MA002LL. The format is listed as Windows. I hope this is helpful.

If anyone has any information about the skips/drops that I am experiencing, please please post. If I can get rid of the skipping, I will be very happy.

Peace.

My music is on my iPhone 5s. Initially, I had no issues with iTunes, except that some of the album artwork would not display. I updated my phone to iOS8 and everything went to hell, as far as music goes. The Uconnect will Not take directions from the phone. It always starts alphabetically by artist, no matter how i set the phone. The shuffle soft key on the radio is grayed out. None of my play lists are recognized, and it does drop songs. No artwork is displayed: just the title of the song, and not the artist or album. Uconnect is working on a fix as well as Apple, but it may take a few months. So, I just listen to Sirius! :rant2:

While I think our uconnect software is adequate, I think it is flawed. The cataloging, Gracenote, nonfunctional features. . . Take flawed software and add the most proprietary crap in the world (Apple) and you get what we have in our DJs. Frustration. I'm at the point now where I am wondering whether I should even attempt to have my issues diagnosed. I'm afraid any attempt to fix it might make it worse. As long as I use my iPod classic, my music loads correctly. I may just have to live with the skips. :(

Peace.

Dare I say Apple probably could care

less about interfacing to any particular

manufacturer.

Fair statement... Because of their popularity, they really aren't forced to. They could release a phone made from dog shit and people would line up for days before release just to say that they have the new iPhone Poo. Instead, it is every other company who must adapt because they need to make sure that the consumer who is so devoted to Apple gets what they want... UConnect will make updates, they don't have an option.

for what it's worth i bought a black classic, and my entire library loads properly. I am not experiencing any skips. I've upgrade both the connect and the iPod had latest firmware. the only issue is the album art problem with the connect grabbing from gracenote opposed to from the iPod itself. which is fine for older music, but the new albums are blank. like everyone else if i turn gracenote off no album art at all. hopefully an upcoming firmware upgrade to the uconnect can fix that but not holding my breath.

for what it's worth i bought a black classic, and my entire library loads properly. I am not experiencing any skips. I've upgrade both the connect and the iPod had latest firmware. the only issue is the album art problem with the connect grabbing from gracenote opposed to from the iPod itself. which is fine for older music, but the new albums are blank. like everyone else if i turn gracenote off no album art at all. hopefully an upcoming firmware upgrade to the uconnect can fix that but not holding my breath.

I believe that I have seen grumblings around here that Uconnect no longer interfaces with gracenote...