Nice subtle touches with the chrome. Good job. Maybe it is just too early in the morning, but I'm missing the dip, where did you dip?

Valid question.....I think the OP is missing a picture that indicates this? Before has 3, and after has 2

freemont have 2 colors front grille

mine was matte aluminum and blue on the lower end

now it's all dipped metalized gunmetal

you should see the difference btw the first shot in the top left corner of the previous image and this one:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dksa6lbyj09eiqe/PicsArt_1393162932630.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

here's my freemont...

before and after adding some little chrome trims an a bit of plastidip on front grille

I don't want to hijack a thread but will throw out my car and what I have done to it, I too put some chrome on my 2010 Journey R/T. I have chrome mirror caps on each mirror, chrome gas door, chrome R/T emblems on each fender, chrome sill plates, chrome tubular running boards, "chrome" Buick portholes on each fender, "chrome" edging on the lower front valance, "chrome" edging on the front bug deflector, "chrome" edging on sunroof air deflector.

terry

146733255.jpg

141773104.jpg

Edited by Windancer

• 3 weeks later...

How many cans of plastidip did it take to do the grill/bumper/mirrors? Did you have to prime or clearcoat it or anything? Or just the plastidip color?

Plastidip requires no prep other than a clean and dry surface. I used a little less than a can on my bumper and a little less than a can on my grill, so I would assume 2-3 cans would cover it all. Some important tips for Plastidip:

• make sure the cans stay warm or you will get texture
  • spray at a 90 degree angle to the surface you are spraying
  • stay 6-8" away from the surface you are spraying
  • the more coats the better - you may get coverage after a couple coats, but it will be a pain in the ass to peel later on, I use 5 coats minimum
  • The first 2-3 coats should be 50 percent coverage, after that lay them down thick
  • If you use tape along any edge that you want clean, you must peel the tape while the dip is still wet or it will peel the dip
  • Check out dipyourcar.com and their forums for a wealth of information.

Plastidip requires no prep other than a clean and dry surface. I used a little less than a can on my bumper and a little less than a can on my grill, so I would assume 2-3 cans would cover it all. Some important tips for Plastidip:

• make sure the cans stay warm or you will get texture
  • spray at a 90 degree angle to the surface you are spraying
  • stay 6-8" away from the surface you are spraying
  • the more coats the better - you may get coverage after a couple coats, but it will be a pain in the ass to peel later on, I use 5 coats minimum
  • The first 2-3 coats should be 50 percent coverage, after that lay them down thick
  • If you use tape along any edge that you want clean, you must peel the tape while the dip is still wet or it will peel the dip
  • Check out dipyourcar.com and their forums for a wealth of information.

Awesome, thanks for the help!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I usually add a little chrome to my vehicles, but not this one. There is no match for the platinum trim on the outside. I'm adding a few pieces of real walnut burl wood to the interior, and that's it for visual effects.

The wood does not cover the piece going across the dash. It is called liquid graphite. The wood only coves the black around the screen, the glossy part in the center of the top of the dash and the top of top of the console where the cup holders are. So, it only covers the black areas, nothing else. Since the black is not piano black (highly glossed), the real burl walnut will add a tasteful addition, IMHO.

Edited by dhh3