LED headlights

10 minutes ago, 2late4u said:

lol just a black screen on my computer

if you really want to see it you may need a codec for whatever player you are using.

in you download (VLC media player) and open it with that you will be able to watch it.

then again I have no idea what you are watching it on.

I discovered something today about LED lights and flickering.

The Journey uses the high beams as its running light at a lower voltage.

LED lights do not dim, or the ones I have don't. so the flicker with half the power.

as soon as the get full power they do not flicker any more, its only during the 

day time running lights.

this is just what I have noticed on my 2018 AWD SRT DJ

so I bought one of the resistor cables, I will have it tomorrow so I will see what that does.

it isn't really a big deal it just bugs me now that I know. 

13 hours ago, AOXOMOXOA said:

I discovered something today about LED lights and flickering.

The Journey uses the high beams as its running light at a lower voltage.

LED lights do not dim, or the ones I have don't. so the flicker with half the power.

as soon as the get full power they do not flicker any more, its only during the 

day time running lights.

this is just what I have noticed on my 2018 AWD SRT DJ

so I bought one of the resistor cables, I will have it tomorrow so I will see what that does.

it isn't really a big deal it just bugs me now that I know. 

if i remember correctly from past post, since you have installed led into your high beam your drl will stay on full high beam when ever you are driving.weather day or night. the load res wont stop that from happening they only help stop the flickering on the led lights... at least this is what we has been reported here in the past.... 

I used BeamTech bulbs in my 2018. They were pretty affordable. I like them because there is no noisy little fan on the bulbs. There is an extremely mild flicker from time to time, but it's barely noticeable and it doesn't bother me enough to add a resistor. 

1 hour ago, Locosiete said:

Correct that is the downside of LED on your highbeams if you have DLR. I believe they make LED that are for DLR that are not as bright but not sure if it really is any less output. 

they are absolutely running with less current and are not as bright as they are when you flip the bright switch.

why they use the bright lights as DRL is beyond me.

I don't know why they just wouldn't have the low beams do this but whatever.

we will see what happens when i add the adapter

On 3/11/2022 at 11:39 AM, Locosiete said:

If anything the adapters may make them full strength. If you don't have any flickering then i wouldn't add.

Well it did flicker a little bit, Nothing like what other people were reporting.

I did add the decoders to the high beams only.

I haven't been in a position to test it out yet.

On 3/11/2022 at 11:39 AM, Locosiete said:

If anything the adapters may make them full strength. If you don't have any flickering then i wouldn't add.

yes sir you were correct,

with the decoders it made my DRL full strength high beams.

so I removed them and sent them back to amazon.

I had to try it out. Now I know.

• 2 years later...
28 minutes ago, Andrew johny said:

Hi i got journey 2016 just recenetley upgrade to led sylvania 9006 and soon everything got hooked up all i got is flickering on the lower heqdlights im i missing something?

The canbus system is the problem. You have to add an adapter to prevent that. It runs in-line otherwise you have to buy ones that are for a canbus system 

Something like this

31vKMjjJL._AC_UL600_SR600600_.jpg.9b88d41e8017ff650f36394e7bdd5454.jpg

Edited by Locosiete
add info

2 hours ago, Locosiete said:

The canbus system is the problem. You have to add an adapter to prevent that. It runs in-line otherwise you have to buy ones that are for a canbus system 

Something like this

31vKMjjJL._AC_UL600_SR600600_.jpg.9b88d41e8017ff650f36394e7bdd5454.jpg

What exactley you mean by that that comes with canbus? You mean led that comes with modules?

23 minutes ago, Andrew johny said:

What exactley you mean by that that comes with canbus? You mean led that comes with modules?

Some are canbus compatible. Dodge uses a canbus system that's why they Flicker. Adding an adapter like that will fix it