Intake resonator delete

I'm a new 3.6 DJ owner and have been doing hours of research on H.P. gains and fuel economy. One of my many questions is has anyone ever done an intake resonator delete? If so could you give your opinion/ pros and cons as well as if this process has any significant advantage or am I wasting my time? Here is a link to the product I found.  http://www.rpm-motorsports.com/store/p151/2011-dodge-journey-intake-resonator-delete-kit Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Installed mine today was a little more work then I expected I ended up removing the intake plenum to be able to fit the intake delete pipe through. So far I got to say the throttle response is definitely an improvement like no joke. I will be keeping an eye of this week for the mpg differences if any occurs. My average mph is 17-18 a week a lot of city and moderate high way distances. 

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Camper said:

Eduardo831, any results on this intake resonator delete? Improvement? Does it worth $199? thx.

Mpg difference was 1mpg haha. But throttle response is definitely there worth 200 definitely a no. Reasons is the intake it self had imperfections like one of the ends is a little jagged looking inside the tube it looked like they used an older pipe. The air temp sensor wasn't cut all the way around. And finally I used different intake clamps the ones included were too big. If the intake tube was 100 dollars then I would say it's worth it 

• 10 months later...

I have ordered one of these intake resonator delete tubes for myself from RPM Motorsports to found out if there really is any type of gain considering some folks say there is a gain. I will be doing a MPG comparision before and after to see what the difference might be.  Worse case I will sell it to the nest guy who owns a Journey! LOL

3 minutes ago, Cableguy said:

I have ordered one of these intake resonator delete tubes for myself from RPM Motorsports to found out if there really is any type of gain considering some folks say there is a gain. I will be doing a MPG comparision before and after to see what the difference might be.  Worse case I will sell it to the nest guy who owns a Journey! LOL

Like I mentioned before no gains besides noise so hope you don’t mind loosing the 200 dollars like I did. My intake resonator is still on though looks good under the hood. 

• 2 months later...

Okay so I have been thinking about doing this mod as well. Over on the Avenger forum there is an old post where they built their own version of this and one option is cheaper. I have ordered all the parts to do this so im hoping to see some gains. The members have tested it and they seem to have some noticeable gains in the MPG department. Here is this link to the old thread.

https://www.avengerforumz.com/threads/cai-pipe-project-complete-with-pics.49403/

1 hour ago, Pbadgley said:

Okay so I have been thinking about doing this mod as well. Over on the Avenger forum there is an old post where they built their own version of this and one option is cheaper. I have ordered all the parts to do this so im hoping to see some gains. The members have tested it and they seem to have some noticeable gains in the MPG department. Here is this link to the old thread.

https://www.avengerforumz.com/threads/cai-pipe-project-complete-with-pics.49403/

Nice but reading that forum he spent 200 dollars to make it????? Why not just buy it from rpmmotorsports for 200 dollars in that case. Anyways I stand by my statements no gains besides noise but very aesthetically pleasing. Good luck on your mod. 

4 hours ago, Eduardo831 said:

Nice but reading that forum he spent 200 dollars to make it????? Why not just buy it from rpmmotorsports for 200 dollars in that case. Anyways I stand by my statements no gains besides noise but very aesthetically pleasing. Good luck on your mod. 

It's the butt dyno that makes people think there are gains, especially after parting with big bucks. Spent money, has to work, right? ;)

This old thread was started before RPM made them available. If you read on page 3 another person used silicone parts and built his for less than $120. The one from RPM is 3" all the way from the air box. These ones go from 4" until the 180° bend then down to 3.5" right up until the TB. Also not being one piece make a lot easier installation. 

• 4 weeks later...