2017 Dodge Journey Uconnect question

i have the 8.4 inch navigation in the journey crossroads.  Isn't apple carplay supposed to work with it?  Also, there is no apps icon on the bottom of the screen like the ones listed on the uconnect website?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks. 

Quick answers;

1. No Carplay

2. You are looking at the wrong uConnect radio on the site - the one on the web site is the 8.4A or 8.4AN (the N for navigation).  Those weren't even released when your Journey was built, but they aren't used in our vehicles in any case.

Post 2010 Journeys are equipped with 8.4 and 8.4N, known as radio types RE2 and RB5 respectively.  

Edit:  Why did I think you have a 2013 Journey?  Because I was looking at jkeaton's profile . . . .

Edited by bramfrank

So far, the only Dodge vehicles with Apple Car Play are the 2017 Charger and 2017 Challenger (new 4th gen radios). May other vehicles will have it for the 2018 model year, but probably not Journey since it's near the end of its current generation.

Edited by Milous

7 hours ago, mbj217 said:

I have the 2017 journey. I called Uconnect and they informed me that it's not impossible that they release an update for my radio to work with carplay.  So I guess I will just have to keep checking.  

'They' are clueless in the call center.  There will never be an update of this sort for the RE2/RB5 or the 4.3" display radios used in our Journeys.  Your 2017 has the same radio as the 2011 models did and this is the last year for it. 

Edited by bramfrank