Bought my Crossroad just over a year ago. Does anyone else have trouble with the Uconnect system? Using an iPhone it takes about 5 min to connect to a paired phone. If there are two paired phones then the system decides which to connect and most times won’t allow a switch. I’ve tried the USB port but when that’s connected I can only play the whole library of music in shuffle. I can’t actually pick songs or playlist. It ignores the command. There are even times when it won’t connect to the phone saying there isn’t a Bluetooth device available.

As a former Ford owner the Sync system seems to be far superior to Uconnect. Is that the case? Do I need an update or something?

Actually, you need a downgrade - the uConnect software does not support the current iOS versions (9 or 10) well at all.  I run a Galaxy S7 which works fine - and I understand older iPhones work reasonably well.

You should contact customer support and complain.  Maybe they'll actually do something about it if enough people contact them.

Maybe the ios is causing my wifes problems.She is the primary phone and sometimes but not always when you start the car  it appears like the phone is on a call to itself.

You can tell this because the radio does not come on.If ypou go into the phone screen it appears a call is in progress.Pres Transfer to cell to get it off the bluetooth and it "fixes" it.Weird I'll have to look at what ios her phone is running.

I have an Iphone 7 with 10.1.1 software. I have no issues what so ever.  The phone connects right away, if. I use GoogleMaps the directions will interupt music, like a phone call.  My wifes I 7 is also paired in the car.  Mine is primary ( my daily driver).  When my phone is no in the car, hers works fine.  If we are both in the car, mine is connected to UConnect.  Two phones cannot be connected at the same time, its the system.

i use my hard drive for music, so cant help you there.

On 11/3/2016 at 9:10 AM, OhareFred said:

I have an Iphone 7 with 10.1.1 software. I have no issues what so ever.  The phone connects right away, if. I use GoogleMaps the directions will interupt music, like a phone call.  My wifes I 7 is also paired in the car.  Mine is primary ( my daily driver).  When my phone is no in the car, hers works fine.  If we are both in the car, mine is connected to UConnect.  Two phones cannot be connected at the same time, its the system.

i use my hard drive for music, so cant help you there.

I'm in the exact same position and I have a very odd problem. If I'm listening to the radio with Google maps on my phone and the voice navigation plays through the stereo (as a bluetooth phone call). It triggers the music or podcast player on my iphone and it starts playing. Even though I'm not listening to the phone via bluetooth, it still plays. This is most annoying when it starts playing a podcast I was in the middle of listening to.

I've searched EVERYWHERE for an answer and because it's so hard to explain, it's hard to find an answer :(

I took my vehicle in yesterday, for when you called out you had no issues.  But if their was an incoming call and you answered you could not here the person and they could not here you.  dealership said that their was no software update and said that it was the radio and so they ordered a new one to replace it.  luckily the vehicle is under warranty.