Did you know???

Mariahz214

I have a Dodge Journey SXT AWD and I just discovered that you can roll the front two windows down from your keyless entry!!! From your keyless entry hit the lock button, then hit the unlock button TWICE, when hitting the unlock button the second time hold it in, then the windows will roll down.

I have a Dodge Journey SXT AWD and I just discovered that you can roll the front two windows down from your keyless entry!!! From your keyless entry hit the lock button, then hit the unlock button TWICE, when hitting the unlock button the second time hold it in, then the windows will roll down.

Actaully, you don't even have to hit the lock button. Just hit the unlock button twice and hold it the second time.

If you have to hit the lock button first to get it to work, there may be a problem with your fob or the win module.

A little off topic, but has anyone figured out how to not make the headlights go on when you lock or unlock the car from the key fob?

I read somewhere that you need to take it to the dealer to get it done. I believe its there is a way to not have to do that, but i am not sure.

Mine came that way from factory.

Nice, I tried it and it worked. Off topic though when I lock and unlock the car the parking lights do not flash, not sure if anyone knows how to get them back to work.

If you don't have the EVIC:

1. Press and hold the UNLOCK button on a programmed

transmitter for at least four seconds, but no longer than

10 seconds. Then, press and hold the LOCK button while

still holding the UNLOCK button.

2. Release both buttons at the same time.

These cryptic methods of doing things are getting ridiculous.

her's a new one I discovered...

If you want to pop open your rear hatch with your radio knobs, do the following: with your left hand behind your back and standing on your right foot, press the panic button on your keyfob. After you get three nasty stares from passers-by, open your drivers window and right rear passenger window halfway (but you must do the passenger window from that actual location, not the drivers switch). Remember you cannot put your left foot on the ground while doing this or you will have to start over. Once the windows are half open, reach into the drivers window and pull the lock button up, then sit in the drivers seat with your left foot hanging out (and still off the ground), press the AM/FM button the radio, then slide yourself out the passenger door, hop on your right foot to the rear hatch and press the lever hidden just under the window.

These cryptic methods of doing things are getting ridiculous.

her's a new one I discovered...

If you want to pop open your rear hatch with your radio knobs, do the following: with your left hand behind your back and standing on your right foot, press the panic button on your keyfob. After you get three nasty stares from passers-by, open your drivers window and right rear passenger window halfway (but you must do the passenger window from that actual location, not the drivers switch). Remember you cannot put your left foot on the ground while doing this or you will have to start over. Once the windows are half open, reach into the drivers window and pull the lock button up, then sit in the drivers seat with your left foot hanging out (and still off the ground), press the AM/FM button the radio, then slide yourself out the passenger door, hop on your right foot to the rear hatch and press the lever hidden just under the window.

I spent hours upon hours and it still doesn't work :banghead::censored: That there is some funny stuff :hysterical: Sad thing is it is not that far off.

• 4 weeks later...
I have noticed that too. Very, very nice feature! It turns on the rear defroster and the heat mirrors. Probably a feature with the automatic climate control?

perhaps you need both ( automatic climate control and factory remote )

the other day when i jumped in my car i started the car with the key not the remote and the rear defroster didn't start until i pressed the button ... so the question is if this feature work on a journey equipped with the factory remote with standard climate control ?

perhaps you need both ( automatic climate control and factory remote )

the other day when i jumped in my car i started the car with the key not the remote and the rear defroster didn't start until i pressed the button ... so the question is if this feature work on a journey equipped with the factory remote with standard climate control ?

Yeah, it only do this with the remote starter. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the automatic climate control... or maybe with the exterior temperature sensor...

Someone with the factory remote and standard climate control can tell us?