New here. Where is the PCV valve?

Metalsoft

Good day everyone. I joined here because my wife has just purchased a 2010 Dodge Journey SXT AWD. 

She had a 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Rocky mountain edition, and it was a great vehicle. She was coming to see me at work one day and BAM she got hit right in the side and destroyed a great car.

I personally tried to get her to find something, non Chrysler related, but she found the journey and away we went.

So we got it used:

2010 Journey SXT AWD.

paid $8,500 cash for it.

Interior and exterior as in perfect shape.

First thing I did was your normal turn up items....

Oil change

Res tank for radiator change ( How dodge hasn't corrected this problem is beyond me )

All 3 seals in the PTO ( pain in the ass, but doesn't leak anymore )

Front and rear brakes

Air/cabin filters

Complete once over

I wanted to change the PCV valve, but the one that I would normally think it is ( the one going from Valve cover to air box ) does not have a valve to speak of. The one that I got from the store, looks nothing like the one in the valve cover and is too small to screw into the Valve cover.

The other issue I have is the brakes, after new pads and complete flush of the old fluid in place of new, they feel terribly spongy.

And advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Edited by Metalsoft

43 minutes ago, larryl said:

Sadly the brakes were lousy in the Journey's until they did the upgrade in 2013

Yeah they are awful. I got them to grab pretty well, but you can sit at a stoplight and damn near push the pedal to the floor.

I thought a fresh fluid change would remedy, it did not.

Any thought on the PCV valve?

True, but from what I have heard about how bad the PCV system is, I wanted to go ahead and get it changed....

And of course, the PTO ( Diff case seal ) is leaking again....

Did we simply buy a problem? Are these things this bad ? Just had to replace the idle pulley due to a bad bearing....( Making a whirl type noise at low speed ) that was a 30 min job but still.

Everything else seems sound..........for now..

Edited by Metalsoft

We are on our second. First was an 09 4 cylinder SE. Had it 4 years and @80,000 miles. Had to replace the brakes, alternator (@70k) and an Intake runner valve solenoid. All except the brakes were warrantied. Traded it in on our current 2013 V6 and only had to replace the tires and had the front struts replaced under warranty. Currently at 54,000 miles. Still original brakes. These things have been pretty darn dependable for us. 

Edited by jkeaton