2017 Dodge Journey Crossraods

Just ordered a 2017 Dodge Journey Crossroads, Silver, loaded.  VON U7178935.  It will replace my 2015 Dodge Journey Crossroads,  It's been a good one, except for Nav problems, (3 different units).  I ordered this with everything I could get.  Should be here, 6 to 8 weeks.  Can anyone keep me informed?

After I ordered my first Journey Crossroads, I joined the forum!  There were several members who had access to help me follow my Journey through the production process.  Using the VON (vehicle order number) they posted on the forum, my vin number, and kept me informed from that point, all the way until it was delivered to Huntsville, Al.  I was even able to follow it from when it left Mexico, until it was delivered.  

4 hours ago, Ray Morrow said:

After I ordered my first Journey Crossroads, I joined the forum!  There were several members who had access to help me follow my Journey through the production process.  Using the VON (vehicle order number) they posted on the forum, my vin number, and kept me informed from that point, all the way until it was delivered to Huntsville, Al.  I was even able to follow it from when it left Mexico, until it was delivered.  

First of all, unless you ordered more than one, it's a Crossroad, not Crossroads.

While the old link for tracking builds isn't working, you can try asking the order group by sending an e-mail to  voimteam@chrysler.com.  They may send you the current link or may have a tool to send you status updates.

Hi Ray - it was I who tracked your VIN and build/delivery process for you through DealerConnect on your current Crossroad. As I recall you are a retired Chrysler Engineer.

There's a new tracking system in place which I haven't used yet. I tried running your VON but it did not return any results. That either means that it's not in their tracking system yet, or I simply don't know how to use it yet. Scenario number two is the most likely...

I will try a couple of VONs from my own dealership and see if they work. If yes, then scenario number one begins to exhibit some modicum of validity. I'll keep you posted.

Update...I ran a VON from my dealership on a Challenger Hellcat we have on order. That worked, but that car has been on order for several weeks. So, I then tried a VON on a Jeep ordered today. No results. I think your  VON may not be in their system yet. I'll check again tomorrow and let you know when I see some results.

Thanks Journeyman.  Yes, I am the same guy, retired from Chrysler, Huntsville Electronics.  I ordered the 2017 Dodge Journey to replace the one that you helped me follow, nearly two years ago>  My how time flies!  This is another Chrysler Company Car.  When I get it, I'll turn the 2015 in.  Looking forward to getting it.  This one will be silver, and it's loaded.  Very nice hearing from you again.

13 hours ago, Ray Morrow said:

Thanks Journeyman.  Yes, I am the same guy, retired from Chrysler, Huntsville Electronics.  I ordered the 2017 Dodge Journey to replace the one that you helped me follow, nearly two years ago>  My how time flies!  This is another Chrysler Company Car.  When I get it, I'll turn the 2015 in.  Looking forward to getting it.  This one will be silver, and it's loaded.  Very nice hearing from you again.

Good to hear from you too, Ray. I re-checked your VON tonight but it still does not show up on VINtrack. I'll let you know when I see results.

Contacted Company Car Group today, and they said my vehicle is in the ' D " stage!  What does that mean, Journeyman425?  I guess I should remember it from my last order, when you walked me through it, but, I don't.  Guess 69 years is catching up with me.

"D" status means your Journey's production sequence is now in a firm schedule stage, and the serial number is assigned. Your order started in BA status which is an unscheduled new order, then BX where it passes edit, then C when it its tentatively scheduled. You went to D pretty quickly, probably because dealers nationwide are ordering stock for the 2017 model year at the same time you placed your order, so there are likely duplicate orders to be produced and shipped all around the country and in Canada. Next is D1 where they sequence it for production. My personal estimate is that you'll probably see it at your dealership in about five weeks from now, barring any natural or man-made anomalies...

Still doesn't show on my VIN Track site at FCA. I played around with VIN Track and I think it doesn't report on anything with less than a D1 status. Basically until it reaches D1, it's just paperwork and data transfer/sharing, so tracking is only really useful to administrative personnel at this point. Every VON I have run with D1 and up displays results on the VIN Track page, whereas D or below does not. I think that's it. So...I will let you know when information begins to appear for me.

Ray - my theory was correct. Now that your order is in D1 status, it shows up now on VIN Track.

Vehicle Assignment

Origin Origin Type Business Center Prod Status Ship to Dealer FAN FAN 2 Dealer Name Address City State
T PLANT SEAST D1 60379     LANDERS MCLARTY CHRYSLER DODGE 6533 UNIVERSITY DR NW HUNTSVILLE AL
Last Event Locn Last Locn Type Event Description Last Event Date ETA Window
TOLUCA, MX PLANT VIN Assignment by MFG 09/16/16 07:43:36 AM ETA TBD

dot_clear.gif.xhtml?ln=primefaces&v=4.0

Vehicle Assignment Leg Details

Truck

Leg Origin Leg Dest Carrier Estimated Truck Outgate Release Date Outgate Delivery Date
T TAT SHUTL        

Rail

Origin Dest Rail Ship Date Ramp ETA Ramp Arrival Ramp Unload
TAT 62-NSHVILL   10/22/16 02:00:00 AM    

On 9/13/2016 at 7:23 AM, jkeaton said:

Ah, I see. I know a bunch of regulars no longer post because of this new format that makes it so hard to see what's going on where.

I agree, I don't visit here much anymore, due to not only the awful layout but the site is extremely slow. Whoever designed this forum software should find another career, it's probably the worst I've ever seen on any forum out there. The prior software was SO much better.

On 9/16/2016 at 7:56 PM, Journeyman425 said:

Ray - my theory was correct. Now that your order is in D1 status, it shows up now on VIN Track.

Vehicle Assignment

Origin Origin Type Business Center Prod Status Ship to Dealer FAN FAN 2 Dealer Name Address City State
T PLANT SEAST D1 60379     LANDERS MCLARTY CHRYSLER DODGE 6533 UNIVERSITY DR NW HUNTSVILLE AL
Last Event Locn Last Locn Type Event Description Last Event Date ETA Window
TOLUCA, MX PLANT VIN Assignment by MFG 09/16/16 07:43:36 AM ETA TBD

dot_clear.gif.xhtml?ln=primefaces&v=4.0

Vehicle Assignment Leg Details

Truck

Leg Origin Leg Dest Carrier Estimated Truck Outgate Release Date Outgate Delivery Date
T TAT SHUTL        

Rail

Origin Dest Rail Ship Date Ramp ETA Ramp Arrival Ramp Unload
TAT 62-NSHVILL   10/22/16 02:00:00 AM    

Haven't been able to get on the Vehicle Ordering and Inventory Management (VOIM) site all day - I'll try again tomorrow. The tab is grayed out when I try to select it. DealerConnect is undergoing some changes and a few features aren't currently working. I think that's one of them. Can't read my CSI scores either but I knew about that - that tab is down until 10/3.

Journeyman425, has anything changed on my new Journey?  haven't heard anything lately, from anyone.  Thought maybe you might be on vacation, if so, enjoy.  I sure enjoyed mine.  Hope to hear from you soon!  Thanks,

ray Morrow

All mine are out and about.  Already finished the college thing with two of them..  I know what your talking about..  Thanks for the update.  I have to time it right, to have my Journey all cleaned up and ready to turn in, when the new one gets here.  That's why i keep asking.  well I'll shoot for the 29th of this month.  Thanks Journeyman425 for the updates.

Ray Morrow