Humming and vibration when braking

I get kind of a humming sound when I brake and I'm in gear(dodge journey manual).only happens if I'm in gear and braking moderately hard.would it be coming from the transmission.please help..getting worse day by day.hope it's just some warped rotors!

warped rotors will make the brake pedal pulse and the steering wheel vibrate some. if its only doing it while you are slowing down but in gear not sure if it would be the rotors try to get it to do it and when it starts bump it out of gear and if it stops doing it then you know its not the rotors, other than that might be the clutch if you are slowing down to fast for the gear that you are in. i am sure you will get better advice from some of our more mech.readers on here..... good luck and ,make sure you repost when you get it fixed and let us know what it was , we get a lot of one time posters here or they never replied back after they get it fixed....

I get kind of a humming sound when I brake and I'm in gear(dodge journey manual).only happens if I'm in gear and braking moderately hard.would it be coming from the transmission.please help..getting worse day by day.hope it's just some warped rotors!

With the clutch in or out?