a question about front struts

hey guys my 2009 journey just hit 140,000 miles and although it still rides smooth I want to replace the struts and shocks

maybe it's just how things are listed but I was looking at quick struts by Monroe , for the 2.4 se they do not list quick struts .mthey do for the 3.5 however.

when I look up just the struts themselves they seem to be the same part number on both engine model's .

the quick struts are the same part numbers preceded by a 1.

think they will fit

i used them on my daughters van and before installing them i compared them with the first strut i took off and evrything was an exact match.So take some measurements of bolt holes and length and some good pics of your strut and then go to the local parts store and check their parts or better yet talk to them and i am sure they would say buy them and if they dont match up or fit they would let you return them.... good luck and you can them alot cheaper on amazon then the local parts store, but returns would be alot worse

Edited by 2late4u

getting them on line about 107 to 119 each . from what I can tell they are the same.

I ran in to this with my 1996 deville , not a lot of parts listed but if you searched un Seville for the same year there where parts.

I just like the idea of replacing everything at once . I plan on changing most if not all the bushings also ,mthey are cheap and will everything apart anyway.

love the SUV , funny but it reminds so much of a 1984 tourismo I had ..

It appears that the factory uses Monroe struts. We compared them at the tire store when I was getting my new battery. Not much out there as far as replacement shocks. I'd love to get a set of Bilsteins, but they do not make them for the DJ.

The

I like the idea of the quick struts as I do not have a way to compress the struts and the nearest place that can is 25 miles away

I would definitely go the Monroe quick strut route without the hassle of compressing the coil springs but to answer your question on finding the nearest place to compress.....http://www.ebay.com/bhp/strut-spring-compressor-tool

my only concern is the springs they use because I know the struts are the same but wonder about the the springs and spring rate etc and will make my journey sit higher in the front . I like the way it has some front rake to to and going to replace the rears too.