Auto Headlight Question

Adk_Ben

I have the 09 SXT and am wondering if there is anyway to tell when the auto lights are on. With the lighted dash (which I love) it doesn't seem to have any other indicator.

Thanks,

Ben

Hi Ben,

I don't believe there is an indicator that indicates when you are switched to auto-headlights but there is a green headlight indicator on the top right of the cluster that lights when your headlights are actually on. There is also a green foglight indicator on the top left of your cluster that lights when your foglights are on.

Hope this helps!

Keith

I have the 09 SXT and am wondering if there is anyway to tell when the auto lights are on. With the lighted dash (which I love) it doesn't seem to have any other indicator.

Thanks,

Ben

Not sure if I've been missing the green indicator light or if I have a different dash? I'll look for the light. I do not have fog lights so there won't be a light for that:(

There is no indicator on my dash to tell me when my headlights are on, the only way I can tell is by my dash lighting going to a dim state. Of course this is a bit harder to see in the daylight, an easy test is to set your headlights to Auto and then turn your wipers on and after 15 seconds the headlights will turn on.

Hope this helps, and Happy Motoring...

Leave the fog lights on, and when the lights come on the fog light indicatpor will light up, or the high beam indicator.

No fog lights, but the high beam indicator should work. We've had some foggy mornings here lately and I just hate not knowing if the lites are on when set to auto.

My apologies to both of you, I wasn't doubting you, I was just stating the fact that my Journey didn't indicate when my headlights are on. After seeing that both of you are from Canada, I'm sure the difference is related to your day-running headlights.

And it should be the reason why they don't say anything about it in the owner's manual. Maybe you have the light, but it is not activated...

Look on the picture I attached. When my lights are on, there is a green light (on the picture, you can see it in top on the left corner of the RPM) that comes on.

Now that would be nice. I've been using the high beam trick to test if the lights are on. It's not a perfect solution, but it works.

Now that would be nice. I've been using the high beam trick to test if the lights are on. It's not a perfect solution, but it works.

From what i understand, the indicator for the lights being on is realtive to having DTRL (day time running lamps) and on cars like mine, there is no dash indicator.

One thing i did notice is that when you have the lights switched to auto, there is an audiable click coming form the dash area to let you know when the lgihts are coming on. This might be useful for people who do not ahve the fog light indicator or DTRL indicator as stated above.