Passenger overhead light

Hey Guys,

A while back I had posted that my overhead driver side light flickers when the engine is no longer turned on. I'm going to have this checked out at my appointment on Thursday.

So I'm having two things looked at.

1. As I've posted my front suspension has been making some creaking / Clunking noises when leaving my driveway and or when turning and changing surface heights.

2. Im going to have this light checked out. (Check out the video)

If anyone has had any of these issues please let me know. I read this service bulletin and it seems about right.

"Noise From Front Of Vehicle Over Bumps Or When Turning OVERVIEW: This bulletin involves replacing the upper front strut bearing to correct the noise. MODELS: 2012-2013 (JC) Journey NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built between December 01, 2011 (MDH 1201XX) and December 05, 2012 (MDH 1205XX). SYMPTOM/CONDITION: The customer may experience a noise from the front upper strut mount going over bumps or when turning. DIAGNOSIS: NOTE: The front strut should be diagnosed with Chassis Ears placed at the upper strut mount to diagnose a noisy strut bearing or to eliminate the good strut bearings as the cause of the noise. 1. Drive the vehicle to confirm the noise is in the upper mount area of the strut. 2. Is there noise coming from the left or right upper strut mount? a. Yes >>> Perform the repair procedure on the noisy upper strut bearing. b. No >>> This bulletin does not apply, further diagnosis required. NOTE: Do not replace the shock unless the problem is not fixed by the strut bearing replacement. PARTS REQUIRED: Qty. Part No. Description 2 (AR) 05171093AC Bearing - Front Suspension Strut REPAIR PROCEDURE: 1. Raise the vehicle on a suitable hoist. Refer to the detailed service procedures available in DealerCONNECT> TechCONNECT under: Service Info> 04- Vehicle Quick Reference> Hoisting> Standard Procedure> Hoisting"

Hmm.. Kind of frustrating.. I have 7400 miles on the car. Love the car... However my patience is being tested as its been in the shop 6 times already. I never lease cars and I was excited to buy a fcjdr car for the first time. At 26000 to 32000 this car has so much for the price.

Hopefully my next post will be positive. 😀

Till then ill drive my sx4 awd that I got for $15000 with 4 miles on it 8 years ago. I've only changed the oil, brakes, rotors, and some fluids at 107500 miles. Thing is a small beast.

Edited by Medabum

Mine has clunked from day one leaving my garage. This is the only time that it clunks. This has been posted numerous times on the forum. I live with my clunk, and look forward to it every morning, or anytime I leave my garage for the first time. It lets me know what kind of mood she will be in for the rest of the day.

Edited by dhh3

Mine has clunked from day one leaving my garage. This is the only time that it clunks. This has been posted numerous times on the forum. I live with my clunk, and look forward to it every morning, or anytime I leave my garage for the first time. It lets me know what kind of mood she will be in for the rest of the day.

Me too. Had the front struts and isolators replaced about 30,000 miles. Now over 45,000 miles and starting to make the same noise. One of the DJ's interesting quirks. I just turn the awesome 4.3 stereo up and don't worry about it.

Thanks guys. I get the same driveway groan every morning.

Any thoughts on the overhead light?

I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

Are your overhead lights LED? Have you tried removing the bulb and re-seating it? Looks like a loose connection. Or if a standard bulb, the filament could be loose causing that flicker.

Edited by jkeaton

Yes, they bulbs are led. Ill give that a try and mention it to the dealer when I go back to have the Struts and mounts replaced.

The suspension noise performed great when it needed to and like others here have said, they plan to replace the struts and mounts.

However I picked my car up to bring home until the parts arrive and found this. Was told its ok to drive for now. Man,,, my stories with this car just do not end.

post-11460-0-88167400-1461883069_thumb.j

Yes, they bulbs are led. Ill give that a try and mention it to the dealer when I go back to have the Struts and mounts replaced.

The suspension noise performed great when it needed to and like others here have said, they plan to replace the struts and mounts.

However I picked my car up to bring home until the parts arrive and found this. Was told its ok to drive for now. Man,,, my stories with this car just do not end.

20160428_175447.jpg

Hahahahahahahaa

Classic dodge quality

7400 miles and parts are falling off

Edited by silenze

Hahahahahahahaa

Classic dodge quality

7400 miles and parts are falling off

I do believe that is indicative of an incompetent dealer more so than parts falling off the vehicle. My first Journey went to 80,000 miles and I never had parts fall off of it. My current one is at 45,000 and no parts have fallen off of it. Not to say they won't, but I don't believe his issue has anything to do with "Dodge quality".

No need to keep egging it on.

It keeps a smile on my face. He is up to it again on the thread concerning the radio draining a battery. Without grins and giggles, what is the purpose of life? :hysterical::hysterical3::lol::giggle::mademyday: I try to take it all in stride; with a grain of salt. I respect you. I'll stop if you want me to.

Yes, was trying to make a point that the light does not flicker like this when the car is running and the doors are open or lights manually turned on. Video only shows lights when car is off and lights on.

Sorry for any confusion or ignorance.