Eibach Pro Kit

R4V3N

I came across these springs at my local wheel shop. It is the Eibach Pro Kit for 2008-2011 CRD DJs.

Had told the owner of the mix info regarding the fitmen issues. But he suggested to try it and if does not fit then am not obliged to pay them.

Anyone in this forum that had ever tried those kit? My DJ is a 2014 SXT 2.4 FWD.

post-9812-0-64690400-1461127057_thumb.jppost-9812-0-40942200-1461127086_thumb.jppost-9812-0-05285900-1461127123_thumb.jppost-9812-0-99078700-1461127148_thumb.jp

@dhh3: they are slightly stiffer and lowered the car around 30mm up to 40mm I think that's 1.0"-1.5" in inches? On net it mentioned it can be used for 2.0, 2.4, 2.7, 3.5 and 3.6 engine. Yet confused as most info comments tells me otherwise. Are there significant suspension changes from 2011 to 2014? Maybe someone with more experience can share this.

As from my past experience Eibach Prokit are on the softer side as compared to H&R.

Will install them today and see if there are any fitmen issues.

I would think that the springs for the front might be different, based on the weights of the engines - 4/6 cylinder. I have a Performance Suspension. My build sheet lists 4 springs, so I am thinking they may be stiffer. The R/T may get thicker sway bars.

Hi guys.. this is the update.

Firstly the front springs fit nicely without any issues. Not sure if I could recommend this for the 3.5/3.6L engine as logically it is heavier.

The problem comes with the rear springs where the upper end of the original springs are slightly larger in diameter. The lower end fits but not the upper end. Due to the size differences, the upper end of the Eibach could not fit into the original spring seat/boot (not sure if the term is correct). Again, am not sure if the rear suspension are the same and applies to other DJ model. Wondering whom had tried H&R kits and face similar problem?

The store owner told me there are two ways to fix the above. First by finding a spring seat/boot to fit into the upper strut mount (which I think is non existence) or to modify the upper end of the Eibach to fit. It was a call that I had to gamble. Since the diameter gap was minimal I did the latter and that, thankfully, did the job! What boggles me is why Eibach didn't just revise their design to fit the 2011+ models?!?

In any case, I haven't had enough time to test it. But base on initial impression, it handles well when stopping and acceleration. Yes it is on a stiffer side yet absorb bumps and uneven surfaces quite nicely. I think this matter is subjective to only my opinion and may differ and debatable to others. The looks is also perfect!

I will post some pix latter after downloading from my phone.

Cheers!

Is yours a two row or three row? The car appears lower and sit even, front to back. Mine sits higher in the back than the front, which I like, but maybe it is designed this way to take the weight of people sitting in the third row.

Is yours a two row or three row? The car appears lower and sit even, front to back. Mine sits higher in the back than the front, which I like, but maybe it is designed this way to take the weight of people sitting in the third row.

It's a third row version. Maybe its the angle when I took the picture.

In person it does look slightly higher at the back. Maybe it's due to the spring design? As it is a progressive spring.

We rarely have the third row used anyways. But will see how it looks and handles with more loads. Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Add tires with thicker sidewalls.  I have seen a set of rubber/plastic inserts that fit in the arches like a lot of crossovers have from the factory.  Problem is that they come from China.  Since I have the Mopar mud flaps, I'd probably have to cut them to fit.  So, I'll pass.

• 5 months later...

I can concur that the Eibach Pro Kit does fit my 2014 DJ (2.4L) HOWEVER with slight modification!

The front springs has zero  issues.  Plug n play.

The rear springs is the problem.  Although the lower ends of the Eibach springs fits the lower end of the suspension , it is the top side that does not fit the standard "rubber boot" of the DJ.  Not sure if it is the correct term (see attachment).

20160420_135155s.jpg

20160420_135552s.jpg

To remedy this you will need to find a suitable rubber boot to accommodate the smaller diameter of the springs and the rubber boot must also be able to fit the upper end of the suspension.  Another option would be to heat and stretch the upper end of the spring to the size of the rubber boot.  Safety issues?  Had it almost for 1 year.  Time will tell.. :smokin:

20160420_135820s.jpg20160420_135849s.jpg

20160420_161857s.jpg

Am not sure if it is available for 3.6L engine.  Maybe one can enlighten us?  

Noted.  Will check them after am off from work.  Looking at my spec sheet it is the R/T springs.

**UPDATES:  

FRONT (approximate)

Height: 12.75" / 32.4 cm

Upper Width: 5.0" / 12.7cm

Middle Width: 6.37" / 16.2cm

Bottom Width: 4.76" / 12.1cm

DJ R.T. Front Springs.jpg

REAR: (approximate)

Height: 13.07" / 33.2 cm

Upper Width: 4.60" / 11.7cm

Middle Width: 5.11" / 13.0cm

Bottom Width: 3.58" / 9.1cm