Deflector opinions

Hey strangers. Been a while since I posted!

Got some ideas, looking for past experience of this gang

1 Anyone have one of the Mopar Sunroof wind deflectors? They were made for the 09/10 models and sold by dealers so are a perfect fit (roof contour). Tried to order one locally but none in any warehouse. Did find one on Ebay located in Los Angeles. Since there is no change from the old models am thinking of ordering. Before I do, one question. I believe the Mopar model attaches with some sort of screw mechanics and not sticky tape. Is this true? Personally not interested in any tape method as our Prairie winter makes tape brittle and come apart over time.

2 Thinking for the Mopar front hood (bonnet for the Brits) wind/bug deflector but really don't like the common smoke coloured ones. With a little special acid etch plastic primer and locally made colour matched spray bomb, anyone had good results from possibly painting one of these? Ya, it's a personal preference.

Answers? Opinions? Flames?

Been quiet up here . We had a tease of spring weeks ago and like other parts of the continent, it's been crappy. Winter hockey season over. Not quite nice enough for Mountainbiking. (I'm a nice weather suck) Journey all waxed and ready for nice weather forecast for later in the week. I was so bored I even waxed the door jambs! The joys of a garage heater.

H.P.

I had a sunroof deflector on my 1984 Buick Skylark T-Type. It was held on with two screws. A threaded lock nut had to be attached to the roof, and it was a bit tricky. It worked well. I added a sun roof to my Nitro and never needed one. It was made by Infala, same company the Factory uses. I'm thinking of adding one to my DJ.

As far as bug deflectors go, my only experience caused a severe drop in mpg's. I have never bought another one. Very few bugs make it it to my windshield, so I think the slope of the leading edge of the hood is doing its job.