Radio will not come on, top screen just says dodge uconnect

I changed the battery in my key fob and my radio would not come on. Upon restart it was fine. A few days later the radio would not come on, the top screen flashes Uconnect. I took it to the dealership, i was informed it was a burnt out radio. For a grand it could be replaced. Any one had this issue? is there a fix for it?

You can be fairly certain that the FOB had nothing to do with the radio problem . . . .

I suggest that those radios in the older DJs had hard drives and I suppose that as a mechanical device it is the most prone to failure - it may be repairable, but you can more likely find a replacement at a scrap yard or on eBay, as suggested.

I don't know which radio model you have, but you are looking at between $10 and $400 for one or the other style on eBay - if you buy from an LKQ vendor you get a warranty, too.

Just go to eBay and search on "2010 Dodge Journey Radio"

Edited by bramfrank

You are lucky to have the old style radio. Go to oemautopartsco.com They specialize in Mopar radios, usually dealer take outs. All of their units are bench tested and if the screen has a scratch, they replace it. They do sell on ebay. You will need to give them the 3 Letter code of your radio. It is silk screened printed in the lower right hand corner of your radio's face plate. Or, you can upgrade to something better.

You will have to tell them that you have a Dodge Journey; I do not know if the DJ utilizes a low or high speed bus system.