Proper wire adapter for trailer hitch

Camper

Does any one know the proper part number, or wire adapter for trailer hitch.

The trailer hitch added as option by dealer to my new Crosssroad 2016.

Here is the manufacture part number:

Mopar Manufacturer Part Number 82213561abx

Also, please see attached photos.

post-4778-0-83365400-1454246852_thumb.jp

post-4778-0-32695200-1454246864_thumb.jp

post-4778-0-08788800-1454246875_thumb.jp

post-4778-0-79913300-1454246886_thumb.jp

No, it is a piece of black plastic that snaps into the bracket. It has an oval hole in the middle. Then, the oval 4 pin connector will snap into this. P/N 68026722AA. The Bar Code on the plastic bag is 8221 3678 - 001

Does the hitch rub on the black plastic pan at the bottom of the bumper?

the wire shown above the bracket is for most electrical connectors for most trailers, the bracket is for a different kind of trailer connector.perhaps if you are not sure what you need go back to your dealer for a explanation for you question. my truck has a built in connector that holds a adapter that reduces into the 4 wire connector that you have above your bracket that then connects to my flat plug from my trailer...hope this doesn't confuse you any more....

the wire shown above the bracket is for most electrical connectors for most trailers, the bracket is for a different kind of trailer connector.perhaps if you are not sure what you need go back to your dealer for a explanation for you question. my truck has a built in connector that holds a adapter that reduces into the 4 wire connector that you have above your bracket that then connects to my flat plug from my trailer...hope this doesn't confuse you any more....

I had this same set up on my Nitro. The Nitro could tow 5,000 pounds, so the factory harness terminated with a 7 Pin Connector. But, the DJ is different. The Factory Harness which plugs into the factory plug between the spare and bumper terminates in a flat 4 Pin Connector. More than likely this is because the DJ's maximum tow capacity is only 2,500 pounds (with the right conditions - see owners manual), so Dodge did not see the need for a Seven Pin Connector.

Thank you for the clarification.

No, the hitch do not rub on the black plastic pan at the bottom of the bumper.

Do you have a picture for it, or where I can by?

It was around $5 at my dealer. Google the P/N and see what you get. The only reason I knew about this piece is that it is mentioned in the Hitch Install Directions, but not included with the hitch!

I purchased mine at my Dealer. We (Parts guy and me) had no idea what we were looking for. Just going by where it was mentioned in the Installation Instructions for the Hitch. It actually turns the big round hole into a small oval hole, in which to mount your Flat 4 Pin Connector.

Edited by dhh3

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys this is my first time posting for my new 2016 Journey crossroads. I read through here and didn't see the answer to my question. i need the adapter and relays needed to get the tow ready harness working as well as to know what i should tell the dealer so that they can reconfigure the computer to make it work. i posted pics of where it is and what the plug on the journey looks like. the dealer was trying to say i needed the 82212721AC for $250 which i know is incorrect. i could use the aftermarket one for 50 bucks but i like doing things OEM when possible since that's always best. this adapter does have a cap on it and it clipped on the backside of the bumper.

Please help im going crazy trying to figure it out

20160228 155556

20160228 155527

Edited by Coastie222

Welcome.

Harness PN: 68080976AC. All the relays are built into this harness. I searched eBay by the PN. My search turned up 2. Both in Canada. With shipping it was around $75. Once this harness is plugged into the outlet by the spare tire, the Trailer Tow Lights/Trailer Tow Group Sales Code has to be added and then activated at the Dealer. This harness plugs into the receptacle by the spare tire and terminates in a flat 4-pin connector.

Make sure that your window sticker states that you have the engine oil cooler.

Edited by dhh3

Welcome.

Harness PN: 68080976AC. All the relays are built into this harness. I searched eBay by the PN. My search turned up 2. Both in Canada. With shipping it was around $75. Once this harness is plugged into the outlet by the spare tire, the Trailer Tow Lights/Trailer Tow Group Sales Code has to be added and then activated at the Dealer. This harness plugs into the receptacle by the spare tire and terminates in a flat 4-pin connector.

Make sure that your window sticker states that you have the engine oil cooler.

If my window sticker does say that i just checked. do you know how much the dealer is going to rape for for the activation of the harness? i also found that PN on amazon for 69.44 with free shipping. thanks for the help you are the best

Edited by Coastie222

If my window sticker does say that i just checked. do you know how much the dealer is going to rape for for the activation of the harness? i also found that PN on amazon for 69.44 with free shipping. thanks for the help you are the best

All depends on your dealer. Mine didn't charge me anything for it.