Add third row speakers

I know the speaker baffles are fakes in the back, and some cars have a sub behind one of them in the trunk, has anyone installed speakers back there? I have a spare set of 6x9's that I want to mount there, I'm just curious to see how others have done it. From what I could tell, there are no speaker wires and there is no framing there to mount them on, so I'd have to come up with both of those.

Doesn't look like anyone is following this, but I'll post anyway...

Looks like speakers can only be installed on the driver side in the trunk as the passenger side is filled with what looks like an air blower for the back A/C (can anyone confirm what this is?). It would make sense that models with the upgraded stereo only have one sub because of this. In any case, I will likely be making a new cover for the storage bin in the trunk with two 6x9's recessed. If anyone cares, I'll post up when this is done.

Doesn't look like anyone is following this, but I'll post anyway...

Looks like speakers can only be installed on the driver side in the trunk as the passenger side is filled with what looks like an air blower for the back A/C (can anyone confirm what this is?). It would make sense that models with the upgraded stereo only have one sub because of this. In any case, I will likely be making a new cover for the storage bin in the trunk with two 6x9's recessed. If anyone cares, I'll post up when this is done.

I've been thinking about putting speakers back there. I'm an AV idiot. How do you get speaker wire back there? I've thought about a setup like the caliber. I've even thought about getting a rear speaker setup from a caliber. Post when you have yours done.

Peace.

That speaker set up from the Caliber was/is offered on the Jeep Patriot and Compass.

When I had my back up camera installed at the Dealer as part of my purchase, the Driver's side rear panel was removed. I believe that is where the Factory sub would be located, but there didn't seem to be much room for anything in there! There must be some sort of difference between the rear panels of the 2-row vs 3-row, because the cargo cover will not fit the 3-row. A speaker might fit behind the fake vents, but I doubt that it could be a 6x9.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...