shifting and surging issues

nimratlamba

Does anyone have gear shifting and surging issues with Dodge Journey R/T 2013?

Specially in low gear or slow speed?

The authorised Dodge dealership (In Australia Victoria- Caroline Springs) told me its a bush problem and will occur again after 6 to 8 months and its normal with dodge journey........

I am sure its not a bush problem.. its related with gear shifting.

Please advice me what to do??

• 2 months later...

My shifter stuck in neaual won't shift even when using a srew driver to release the lock

If it's stuck in Neutral and won't move then I would suggest it's related to shift linkage or a range selector problem.

If you step on the brake and hear a little click that's the shifter lock solenoid.

Edited by bigtsr

Hey guys just purchased a 2014 Dodge Journey SXT 3.6L AWD. It was used with 32,000 miles on it. It shifts rought from 2nd into 3rd. brought into Dodge for warrenty fix and they did a quick learn on it and claimed it will go away after 100 miles. Well ive driven 300 miles and the dealer told me " well thats how they shift" Needless to say i made a compliant and now they are kissing my butt and paying for my rental car to bring my car back to make everything right. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Its like a slam into 3rd gear. Also when it downshifts into that gear it shakes the car.

Update they did another valve body and still the same thing. This time the AWD light came on. Well they looked at the tires and saw that the front were 225 and the rear had 245 from the dealership. So they are gonna put on new tires all around and see if it's still doing the rough shift. It's only been driven about 1000 miles I hope it hasn't caused more damage to like the v coupling or rear diff or even the transfer case. Granted everything is under warranty just would like 1 less headache. The owner before me beat the snot out of it. It was a repossessed lease. Only 30,000 miles on it

Yes any all-wheel-drive vehicle needs the same size tires the dealership is the one that messed up on the tire size put in the right size in the front and bigger ones in the back needless to say after a week and a half of being in a rental car I got my journey back an the vehicle drives like a brand-new vehicle it's got the proper size tires now with the new valve body with solenoid pack. I did feel the issue upon driving but I decided to take a gamble and because it still had factory one T plus the warranty from the dealer I bought it from I figured I wouldn't have to have to pay a thing out of my pocket. Which I didn't have to everything was warranty coverage the dealer express the gratitude and they offered to pay my first two monthly payments for the wrongdoing on the part all in all I believe I made out pretty good so as of now my journey is driving like it should be I don't even feel it shift and I love it

• 3 months later...

Ya I got the same issue . Hard down shifts.  And sometimes shifts hard when acceleration.   As for the idle issue . Was at lights and it went form 500 rpm  to nearly 1000. Amd truck  hoped forward. Even when the ac is on its close to 1000 rpm  don't think that's normal.