Stereo skips track going over bumps

Just got back from a New Year's trip and I hit a big pothole on the way home. Ever since this happened, my stereo has started skipping tracks anytime I hit a bump. This happens in both SD card and Bluetooth mode, and I can make it do it by hitting the dash just to the right of the screen. Has anyone else experienced this?

Odd that both the SD Card and Bluetooth are skipping as they connect electronically. If it were just the CD player, I would say one of the dampeners broke. See if the radio itself is loose. The SD card plugs into it, so you know where it is located, and reach behind there to see if the whole radio is loose.

Does the radio do it too? The lower stack connector might have popped loose or the channel select knob might have been affected by that pothole - it must have been hanging by a thread if a pothole managed to cause the problem without causing additional damage such as bending a rim.

Your vehicle is hopefully still under the bumper to bumper warranty so you won't have to pay for the fix (don't tell them that the pothole caused the problem). If it isn't, it is quite simple to get the stack off and check the connections.

Unfortunately, my warranty just expired last month. I haven't tried the radio yet but I would imagine it would do the same thing. I've never been behind the stereo, what's the best way to get to those connectors? Do I need to pull the center stack out? Not sure if it makes a difference but I have the 8.4 head unit