Morimoto MH1 7.0

I've done 3 mh1's and 1 d2s. As you seen in the other thread I was going to do d2s 55w until TRS told me it could handle 55w. It's a no brainer to me for the ease of install.

I just hope they don't take forever to put it on their website. I was going to order for their Black Friday sale.

I'm painting mine black. The all Chrome is nice though because you get a bit of a soft glow, much less than a halogen in the reflector, that will light up signs just enough to read than. That's the worst part with projectors, can't read signs in low.

I have a shopping cart ready to go with FX-Rs and E46-Rs for my Special. I'm considering adding the MH1 7.0s for my Journey... 25% off FTW. But, I'm having a hard time finding TYC headlights for not-obscene prices... Perhaps I'll have to wait for the cable guy to switch my service tomorrow and look from my desktop. Could swear I've seen them for decent prices before... For less than $200/pair.

Found what I was looking for on Amazon... placed my order for three sets of projector kits. Mini H1 7.0 stage 3 for my Journey, FX-R stage three and E46-R b-stock with Morimoto HID kit and matching shrouds for my Special. Just need some 9006 and 9005 splitters, LED demon eyes, switch for the inner projector pait, and a simple DRL kit (for flash-to-pass) to complete the Specials upgrade parts. And new assemblies for both cars. Saved $220.

I went ahead and ordered the mini D2S 3.0's (the square ones) for my next project... I think I am going to go ahead and just build all new lights (i.e., get rid of stock markers, blinkers and highs) and incorporate as much aftermarket stuff as I can into the housing. Thinking switchback halos and a switchback strip for sure. Not entirely sure what I want to do with all of the extra space that will be available if I axe all of the stock lights though.

I went ahead and ordered the mini D2S 3.0's (the square ones) for my next project... I think I am going to go ahead and just build all new lights (i.e., get rid of stock markers, blinkers and highs) and incorporate as much aftermarket stuff as I can into the housing. Thinking switchback halos and a switchback strip for sure. Not entirely sure what I want to do with all of the extra space that will be available if I axe all of the stock lights though.

I was wondering if it was possible to remove all of the OEM innards. While I'm in there I want to investigate making clear side marker reflectors, and replacing the OEM high beam/blinker section with a simple lamp that I can fit a switchback bulb into. White for DRL/running light, amber for blinker.

We'll see once I have it apart I guess.

I was wondering if it was possible to remove all of the OEM innards. While I'm in there I want to investigate making clear side marker reflectors, and replacing the OEM high beam/blinker section with a simple lamp that I can fit a switchback bulb into. White for DRL/running light, amber for blinker.

We'll see once I have it apart I guess.

That's kind of my stance too... we'll find out when we get in there. I'm still kicking around going with a quad set up in my head. Of course, then I would have to use the MH1 6.0's that I am currently using, so I'm not sold on it...

That's kind of my stance too... we'll find out when we get in there. I'm still kicking around going with a quad set up in my head. Of course, then I would have to use the MH1 6.0's that I am currently using, so I'm not sold on it...

My 300M is going quad using FX-Rs and E46-Rs. The hard part is getting all four projectors to line up right. The key though is to use pairs of projectors that correct for the other pairs inadequacies. IE, have a set that is wide, but not necessarily good for throw, and a second set that covers the throw. It's also good to have them use the same type of bulb, so if a bulb goes out in the primary set, you can pull one from the secondary set to quickly get back on the road with good light.

It's even nicer if both sets are bi-xenon. Then you can call up your best Picard voice and shout SHIELDS when you flip on the high beams. Caution: Passengers may be startled the first time. Annoyed every time thereafter...

I can be the first this weekend tomlet us all know if we can use the 6.0 in the highbeam spot. ProbBly really tight and might not fit. My 7.0 are on the way and from.my accident I have an extra set of headlight that I can tinker with now. I am using the panamera LED DRL shroud with a switchback behind it. Don't want to many lights on this one. Want it clean looking

I can be the first this weekend tomlet us all know if we can use the 6.0 in the highbeam spot. ProbBly really tight and might not fit. My 7.0 are on the way and from.my accident I have an extra set of headlight that I can tinker with now. I am using the panamera LED DRL shroud with a switchback behind it. Don't want to many lights on this one. Want it clean looking

Post up your results... Was thinking of throwing my 6.0's in the high beam bowl.

I might just end up throwing an aux. lamp in the high beam, something powered by high intensity LEDs that can turn night into day with the high beam, and run on lower power as DRL that I can wire up myself and not have to bother with the dealer. My project will start in February, after Xmas and my cruise are paid for and my credit card is able to relax lol.

I might just end up throwing an aux. lamp in the high beam, something powered by high intensity LEDs that can turn night into day with the high beam, and run on lower power as DRL that I can wire up myself and not have to bother with the dealer. My project will start in February, after Xmas and my cruise are paid for and my credit card is able to relax lol.

TRS has some small flood lights that may work... It doesn't have dimension listed, but in comparison to the plug on it they look fairly compact. They aren't cheap though!

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/morimoto-x-bar-4banger.html#.VmBzBbiDGko