Morimoto MH1 7.0

I contemplated doing this. I just didn't know if the DRL was PWM or reduced voltage. I was going to do rigid SRQ. Figured it was more than I would be willing to spend and I would have wanted hyperspots more than anything in the high beams. And I have yet to find an LED bulb that actually works in a halogen housing.

Found what I was looking for on Amazon... placed my order for three sets of projector kits. Mini H1 7.0 stage 3 for my Journey, FX-R stage three and E46-R b-stock with Morimoto HID kit and matching shrouds for my Special. Just need some 9006 and 9005 splitters, LED demon eyes, switch for the inner projector pait, and a simple DRL kit (for flash-to-pass) to complete the Specials upgrade parts. And new assemblies for both cars. Saved $220.

. I'd actually like to see a pic of these 7.0 when you get them. See if they are the real deal

Pretty much, they're a large step above the 6.0. Some have said they're at or above MD2S (I haven't seen comparison shots), in the H1 form factor. I chose MH1 instead of MD2S since MD2S is just large enough to require sinking in the Journey headlight in order to fit right. MH1 doesn't, so it should be simple enough to mount and aim.

I haven't received my projectors yet. Either Michigan is far enough away to require more delivery time (friend near Boston received his MD2S for his Avenger already) or USPS is a screw-up... still... hopefully they're on my doorstep when I get home today or tomorrow. When they do, I'll check output as I go through each unit testing for function, shield actuation, and cutoff sharpness before they get put away until February. Holidays and the cruise in January are taking up my money so I won't be able to buy aftermarket headlights for these cars until then lol.

Pretty much, they're a large step above the 6.0. Some have said they're at or above MD2S (I haven't seen comparison shots), in the H1 form factor. I chose MH1 instead of MD2S since MD2S is just large enough to require sinking in the Journey headlight in order to fit right. MH1 doesn't, so it should be simple enough to mount and aim.

I haven't received my projectors yet. Either Michigan is far enough away to require more delivery time (friend near Boston received his MD2S for his Avenger already) or USPS is a screw-up... still... hopefully they're on my doorstep when I get home today or tomorrow. When they do, I'll check output as I go through each unit testing for function, shield actuation, and cutoff sharpness before they get put away until February. Holidays and the cruise in January are taking up my money so I won't be able to buy aftermarket headlights for these cars until then lol.

That sucks... I got mine several days ago.

Funny thing is I got my two sets of LED demon eyes with RGB remote late last night from LED Concepts in New Orleans, which had at least a little bit of tracking. if I don't get them tonight (one whole week after they supposedly shipped) I'll be emailing TRS so they can open a claim with USPS and find out what's going on. Three sets of projectors complete with shrouds and HID kits is some expensive kit for USPS to lose... tracking still only shows pre-shipment information received 12/1/2015.

I would have gone with UPS as they tend to be more reliable, but not since one of the drivers in my area threw a package at my glass door earlier this year. Scared the daylights out of me since I was in the living room at the time, and it damaged the book that was in that shipment. A complaint to UPS resulted in the driver being retrained. I'd rather not have to deal with projectors losing alignment or damaging shield solenoids because of that crap.

Tracking system FINALLY updated to state my three sets of projectors and HIDs arrived to Allen Park, MI (30-40 minutes south of me, 20 minutes south of Detroit, near DTW) this morning.

2-day shipping, update 9 days later that they're in the right state... JFC... good thing I'm still two months away from even ordering new assemblies, but it would be nice to open up the junkyard assembly I have for my M to play around and brainstorm how to mount the quads...

Since the mini will fit in the high beam I'll be using my old 6.0 and my new 7.0. In the pic is both my old 6.0. I will have to vacuum form a shroud I think it'll be much more clean looking instead of triming a shroud. Hope to do the shroud this week and get the retro done over the weekend

I'll be using the standard Gatling Guns with my MH1 7.0 low beams. They finally came in on Friday, though the harnesses I got aren't what I was expecting. Couldn't order the Mopar harness with the MH1 stage 3, so I ordered canbus 9006 and got canbus eliminators with no HD relay harness... working with TRS to figure out exactly what it is I'll need for it to work the first time.

I'll be using the standard Gatling Guns with my MH1 7.0 low beams. They finally came in on Friday, though the harnesses I got aren't what I was expecting. Couldn't order the Mopar harness with the MH1 stage 3, so I ordered canbus 9006 and got canbus eliminators with no HD relay harness... working with TRS to figure out exactly what it is I'll need for it to work the first time.

You could have ordered the correct harness, you just needed to call them. Bummer that you have to deal with it now...

What exactly was missing from the harness? I also ordered the canbus as it was the only option.

The Mopar harness is different from the canbus. It has a capacitor in it to absorb the PWM from the headlight wiring in order to keep the relay closed when the supply voltage drops. The Mopar harness does NOT have the canbus portion as that does not work for the Dodge vehicles. When I ordered my kit a year+ ago, I called them and said I wanted the Mopar harness and they sent me a special invoice. Not sure why they don't just have it as an option on the site.

Edited by Lobitz68