remove the front chrome grill

Billy Billy

I want to remove the front chrome grill on my DJ , My Question is. after I remove the tabs, Do I just pull the grill straight toward me or up wards and then out toward me, I try this last weekend and it look like the bottom of the grill is attached to the bumper still. So do I pull on the honey comb grill toward or leave it alone?

Curious as to why you want to remove your grill after you installed those good looking SS Wire Mash inserts.

I need to install the bottom grill with the allen bots it came with. I try to use 3m tape but it didnt hold up too well and I cant figure out how to get to the bottom grill from under the bottom of the car. I did search but I only find topic on it. I understand how to remove it from the top part but I cant get it to come out from the bottom. I guess I should had ask, do I pull out toward the street or pull up and how much force will it take or is there something on the bottom I need to undo before I try to pull the grill out.

I want to pull the top grill out so i can install the lower grill cause it looks like if i get the top grill out completely then I can stick my arm in behind the front bumper and bolt in the bottom grill

Edited by Billy Billy

Well Never mind, I just pulled it off and took a chance, I am thankful to say it didnt break lol... It is now installed in the lower grill of the bumper this time with the washers and spaces to the nut , haha not me !

I went ahead and took some pictures of it

j29_zpsjac45vge.jpg

open with 3 tabs in the center that pop out and 2 tabs on the sides that pop out//

2 tabs on the pass side

j27_zpsawr5y9d2.jpg

3 tabs in the center

j26_zpshfz2oi0f.jpg

again 2 tabs but on the driver side

j25_zps02p7mxqc.jpg

20151025_154718_zpsu6cwkwak.jpg

Edited by Billy Billy

Now I think what can I do with that grill now that I know how to pull that bad boy out. Oh man my mind is in over gear ! Maybe I will spray paint the black inside part of the chrome grill that is black a chrome color or buy some paint that matches my paint and paint it then clear coat it.. I think the black plastic look inside the chrome is cheap. It needs to either be painted or chromed. I think black paint with clear coat would look nice.

Now I think what can I do with that grill now that I know how to pull that bad boy out. Oh man my mind is in over gear ! Maybe I will spray paint the black inside part of the chrome grill that is black a chrome color or buy some paint that matches my paint and paint it then clear coat it.. I think the black plastic look inside the chrome is cheap. It needs to either be painted or chromed. I think black paint with clear coat would look nice.

I like the black cross bars... I would paint the chrome to match the paint.