Had my new brakes installed today

New pads and rotors. EBC drilled slotted rotors with greenstuff pads. They feel good so far. The EBC bedding process is fairly involved. Can only bed the pads after 200 miles of city driving with light pressure. Bedding involves a series of decelerations from 60-10. Then cool and repeat. Never done this before on any other vehicles. I'm going to follow the EBC recommendations. I'll report back and review the brakes.

Peace.

Just turned 50,000 miles. My brakes were still fine, I think. There was a small vibration in the steering wheel that came from the brakes when they got hot. Those rotors were just not enough for the DJ. I'm hoping these drilled and slotted things will be better. I don't know, really. I've heard EBC are good quality.

Peace.

Well I followed the manufacturer's bedding recommendations, partially. . . I drove in the city (30-50 mph) with light brake pressure for 100 miles. But I skipped the 200 miles city with increasing pressure before bedding. I just went ahead and performed two cycles of bedding after the initial 100 miles. 60mph down to 10mph with hard braking pressure for 10 cycles. I did this on two consecutive days. Only 8 cycles on day 2 because the brakes were significantly fading. I guess I got them HOT. The rotors have definitely changed color; the rear more than the front. They are a blue grey color just like the recommendation sheet said they would be. So far they have felt good. Haven't driven the DJ since the most recent bedding. Probably take the DJ to Phoenix this weekend. Get a few hours of highway and significant city driving. Hopefully these pads and rotors will perform well and last me a good long time. I have other things to think about besides my brakes. Ha!

I'll report on post-bedding brake performance soon.

Peace.

• 1 month later...

So I've got about 500 miles on the EBC brakes post bedding. They are super smooth. No more light vibration when stopping. Hope that does not return. The brake dust from the greenstuff pads is definitely noticeable. More brake dust than the stock pads. Stopping power is significantly better than stock. Not mind bending, but better than stock.

So. . . For those out there with the earlier brakes, I would definitely recommend the EBC dimpled and slotted rotors and greenstuff pads if you're looking to upgrade. I may try their ceramic pads in the future. Maybe less brake dust. Redstuff, I think. . .

Peace.