Question about rear turn signal tailights

Hi I am new here. I have a question about the Dodge Journey rear turn signal taillights. I saw a few DJ on the road that had the non-led (2009-2010) taillights and maybe AVP model taillights and when the turn signal came on, the brake lights were used as the turn signals and the amber lights never came on. I thought that both the Led and non-Led turn signals had amber turn signals? Can someone tell me more about this? Thanks.

I actually did the break as turn signal.mod on mine. I deleted the ambdr and put another reverse light in its place and the inner led is turn signal along with the break. Lo e the update I did :)

No way in hell you are getting away with not letting us know how you did the mod. Spit it out!!!

I wonder if you could do the mod you did and add one of those flashers that have them flash sequentially from the inside out, kind of like you see on a lot of Mustangs. That would interest me a great deal.

Inside leds have 2/wires. +/- tap into the +/- into the amber turn signal wires and vuala but for the break lights you need that module from dd

I don't see anything specific to our vehicle, so I assume you used the DIY module here: http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/catalog/product/view/id/21872/s/tail-as-turn-module-diy/category/1441/

This brings me to my next question. This does not come with a resistor like the vehicle specific modules they make; did you need to install a resistor to get rid of hyperblink? (I assume so, but figured I'd ask anyhow)

How hard is it to run wires through the hatch? Since the outside light has 3 wires (12v), I could buy 3 wire plugs for the inside lights and just tap into the outside wires. Since all the stuff to make the LEDs work are inside the housings, I could have 4 brake lights. Hmm.......something to think about.

Edited by dhh3

OIC. I took my lights apart last fall for a member who wanted to convert his lights to LEDs. I posted pictures of the housings and lights, and he never answered back. It's been a year so I will check and see if the insides have three pins. I just don't remember. If so, I'll convert them to brakes and keep my amber signal lights. Thanks again!

My inner led lights have three pins. So I hooked them up to the break lights and just the running part worked. Step on the breaks and they still stayed on running light. I think there is a driver inside there that is keeping it from haveing dual intensesity. I wanna open these lights and paint the chrome black but I think they are sealed with perma and not sure if its worth the hasle or not.

• 1 month later...

I don't see anything specific to our vehicle, so I assume you used the DIY module here: http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/catalog/product/view/id/21872/s/tail-as-turn-module-diy/category/1441/

This brings me to my next question. This does not come with a resistor like the vehicle specific modules they make; did you need to install a resistor to get rid of hyperblink? (I assume so, but figured I'd ask anyhow)

I sent an email to diodedynamics to see if they make a gizmo so that the inside LEDs can be a brake light too. They are not open on the weekends. I'm going to leave the signal amber

Also, need recommendations for a brighter back up bulb. Type and bulb # would be great so I know what I'm looking for. Thank you.