Question about rear turn signal tailights

I sent an email to diodedynamics to see if they make a gizmo so that the inside LEDs can be a brake light too. They are not open on the weekends. I'm going to leave the signal amber

Also, need recommendations for a brighter back up bulb. Type and bulb # would be great so I know what I'm looking for. Thank you.

They won't have anything like that and won't offer suggestions without having a DJ to look at (I have spoken to them already). I'm still guessing that there just isn't anything connected to that 3rd pin inside the housing. It's not worth cracking it open to find out though, so I will just stick with my LED ring as the brake and turn. Still looks 100X better than the amber light.

This is what I received so far:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Diode Dynamics! Our switchback module would be something I would suggest you take a look at.

http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/catalog/product/view/id/22660/s/s1-switchback-module-pair/category/1448/

The only issue, if you want to call it that, is that you will only be able to choose either the brake or the turn signal for this function. This is just do to only having one high power input available to tap in with. Also you would need to swap the existing tail light bulb out to an LED option.

Thank you,

Phillip

contact@diodedynamics.com
(314) 205-3033 x223

Ticket ID: MOQ-305-14094

Helpful Links
Troubleshooter - Installation - Create an RMA - www.diodedynamics.com

This is what I sent him back, which is basically what I sent them in the first place:

I have no idea how any of this works! My Dodge Journey has 4 Red LED lights in the rear (Rings of Fire!). The turn signals are an amber incandescent bulb. The outside LED lights serve as brake and tail light. The inside LED lights are tail light only. I want the inside LED lights to be brake also, if this is even possible. The outside lights have 3 wires: brake, tail, and ground. The housings have 3 pins. The inside lights have 2 wires: tail and ground. However, the inside housings also have three pins. I plugged the inside light/housing to the outside harness, and the light still only worked as a tail light. The brake function didn’t work. Thus, the outer LED lights are dual intensity and the inside LEDs are single intensity. I was under the impression that a switchback is for two different colors for the same light.

Sent: Monday, October 26, 2015 2:12 PM
Subject: [#MOQ-305-14094]: Inner LED tail lights as brake lights also
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Diode Dynamics! Our switchback module would be something I would suggest you take a look at.

http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/catalog/product/view/id/22660/s/s1-switchback-module-pair/category/1448/

The only issue, if you want to call it that, is that you will only be able to choose either the brake or the turn signal for this function. This is just do to only having one high power input available to tap in with. Also you would need to swap the existing tail light bulb out to an LED option.

Thank you,

Phillip

contact@diodedynamics.com
(314) 205-3033 x223

Ticket ID: MOQ-305-14094

Helpful Links
Troubleshooter - Installation - Create an RMA - www.diodedynamics.com

The part he recommended was a switchback! HUH?

:smokin:

Edited by dhh3

• 4 weeks later...