Uconnect and bluetooth metadata... Anyone have it working?

I don't own a Journey but I recently test drove one and liked it, except for one glaring issue.

For whatever reason, it looks like the Journey doesn't support bluetooth metadata for streaming media.

In other words, I can't see the track and artist/album info for the currently playing song.

I have an iPhone 6, and the streaming metadata functions (AVRCP 1.3) have worked fine with every car and aftermarket head unit I've ever tried until I test drove the Journey. I tried both of the Uconnect systems available for the 2015 and 2016 years, and it didn't work on any of them.

I'm wondering if anyone could provide information regarding whether there's an update to get this working, or if anyone has managed to. From my experience, regardless of phone, it just shows the phone's name, and not the currently playing track. To me, it's a dealbreaker, so if someone has any helpful info it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Edited by cmsp

Uconnect only supports Apple up to iOS7.1. I'm guessing that you upgraded the software on your phone. My iPhone 6 has 8.4.1 and the phone pairs, but will not play music the way that it should. I'm patiently waiting for a Uconnect update to fix this. In fact, there was an update and I just had it installed today, but it did not address the Apple issue. Uconnect no longer works with Gracenote. I searched for an iPod with 7.1 and found a new one on ebay. Copied my iTunes Library to it, and no luck. Does not work. There is a workaround, though. The 8.4 screen has an SD slot. I bought a 32 gig SansDisc. You can't just copy your itunes library to the SD card. You have to first copy your iTunes Library to your music folder on your PC. There are directions on the net how to do this. I did not copy them. Then, you copy the new folder onto the SD card. Tried it in the car and still had issues. So, before you try it in the car, you then have to look at all the files on the disk. I found 2 folders that were just code and removed them from the disc. Now, my disc works like my iPod shoud, with one exception. All art files downloaded from iTunes are an Apple Proprietary file and will not display; they will only display on Apple products. All of the art from my CD collection displays, just not anything downloaded from iTunes. I can make my own play lists, or play all my songs and shuffle them. I can pick an album and play it. I can pick all the albums by one artist and play them all, with or without shuffle. Search by artist name, album name. There is an alphanumeric display to do this. It displays the art, artist, song name, album, and year the album came out, and the type of music: rock, etc. When playing a song, say rock, you can click on rock to play similar.

I was really pissed off after I got the car home, and found out that Dodge had removed the 30 gig HD from these radios. With my MyGig, all art displayed, no matter where it came from. This is a huge step backwards when you want something to work and it doesn't.

Edited by dhh3

• 2 years later...

Hi all, new to the forum.  2017 Crossroad.  Did a quick search and came about this topic.  My screen doesn't show any of the song info either.  Just shows the name of my iPhone.  And text messaging doesn't work either when my phone is connected.  My system is up to date, but is this an issue that has been happening for a while?

TIA

Unfortunately, Apple arches to the beat of a different drum;  No one seems to understand why many Android phones support messaging while Apple doesn't - the answer is that Apple doesn't adhere to the standards well enough.

As the BT metadata?  The radio ignores that.  Album art comes from the very outdated on board database.