Blacktop Grille does not come Gloss Black!!!!!!!!

Red99RT

So after doing a lot or research, looking at part numbers, etc i ordered up a blacktop grille for my SXT. 5NB56TZZAA and in the notes I confirmed it says gloss black, never could get a pic though of the details. I open the box earlier and the grille is a dark grey in color and not gloss black, it looks like its in primer and ready to paint. I know i have the right part number. Is this how they come???? do you have to get them painted? This sucks

I got a really good deal on it through Mopar America, which is a Chrysler dealer in NC, do a lot of wholesale Mopar parts, everything on the box matches part numbers as well, maybe they just don't come painted. I think i only paid $149 and list is $210

my crossroad grill is gloss black sounds like you need to call who you ordered it from and tell them they sent you the wrong color grill and that you wanted the gloss black , they will tell you if it comes that way or you have to paint it.good luck.went to that web site there is no mention of it the color and it says how many journeys it fits call their web site for help....

Edited by 2late4u

I would call the dealer and ask. The if the listing says "Gloss Black", then that is what you should have received. It sounds like they sent you a standard crash-replacement grille. It should come painted in PX8 - Gloss Black (though Dodge calls PX8 Pitch Black now... my R/T is Pitch Black. Standard ink toner color according to my painter).

Ok so after making some calls including the dealer i got it from, it comes in primer and has to be paint matched. So now i have to get it painted. The TZZ" in the part number means paint match according to two different parts dept. guys. I even went as far as one dealer that had one, going and pulling it off the shelf and looking at it to confirm. I've gotten a couple of quotes to paint this gloss black and $145.xx is the cheapest so far......

You could have used Gloss Black Plastidip on your chrome grill and saved a lot of money and aggravation; or just painted your chrome grill black. To paint the chrome, all you have to do is roughen up the slick surface with sand paper to give the paint something to "bite" into. Then you would be in a position to send the primed grill back.

Edited by dhh3

You could have used Gloss Black Plastidip on your chrome grill and saved a lot of money and aggravation; or just painted your chrome grill black. To paint the chrome, all you have to do is roughen up the slick surface with sand paper to give the paint something to "bite" into. Then you would be in a position to send the primed grill back.

That's what I did... cost me a total of $12.