R03/NHTSA 14V-373 Recal

I received the NHTSA R03 recall beginning of June 2015. I called the dealership on 6/11, they stated they had to order the part and would call me within a few weeks. Well I called on 7/2, 7/15, 7/28, 7/29 and 7/31 and am keep being told the parts on order. At one point I asked "How do I know you have not given my part to someone else?" They replied "oh we don't do that" my thoughts were "YEAH RIGHT" like I trust a dealership. I do not hang numerous keys on the key fob, there is my house key and mailbox key. I called NHTSA on 7/15, they told me the dealership has 60 days to make the necessary corrections...again - yeah right. So I called the Customer Service number, spoke to an agent that told me I am 12th on the list. The dealership gets the parts based on the orders they place so if they only placed an order for 1, they only get 1 in a weeks time. ARE YOU KIDDING ME????

On the recall notification itself it states: The problem is: The wireless Ignition Node (WIN Module on your vehicle may have unintentional movement of the Frequency Operated Button Ignition Key (FOBIK) from the "ON" to the "Accessory" position while driving. This could cause unintentional engine shut off and increase the risk of a CRASH

I have been given the treatment like this is no big deal - again ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I have given my family strict instructions if ANYTHING happens to me to sue the heck out of Chrysler. I drive quite a distance and do not feel like getting in an accident thank you very much.

Once this vehicle is paid off I WILL NEVER EVER EVER buy another Chrysler again. I have had nothing but issues with this vehicle and the Sterling Hgts Dodge Chrysler is NOT to be trusted!!!!

I am going back to GM - do they have issue, yes but you get much better treatment!!!!

Hate Chrysler...

Well, if you don't hang keys off your FOB then you don't have anything to worry about since the problem is that the weight of the keys and ring can (as in 'could possibly', rather than 'will') cause the token to be moved to the accessory position. No keys? No turning. GM had the same problem and they are still in the process of executing their recall. The solution could have been to put a sticker on the dash that simply warned not to put your keys together with the Fobik - that would have solved the problem from the perspective of liability - and while I have not seen the recall documents, if they have told you not to have keys attached to your Fobik until after he recall is performed, then tell your heirs to save your estate the cost, becayse you have been warned.

If you are 12th in line at your dealer according to FCA customer service, then your dealer must have ordered the parts (because you wouldn't HAVE a position if they didn't) and they are probably overwhelmed with the many hundreds of thousands of recalls that they need to provide parts and organise installations for.

If you are unhappy with your dealer just go and place the order with another.

I received the NHTSA R03 recall beginning of June 2015. I called the dealership on 6/11, they stated they had to order the part and would call me within a few weeks. Well I called on 7/2, 7/15, 7/28, 7/29 and 7/31 and am keep being told the parts on order. At one point I asked "How do I know you have not given my part to someone else?" They replied "oh we don't do that" my thoughts were "YEAH RIGHT" like I trust a dealership. I do not hang numerous keys on the key fob, there is my house key and mailbox key. I called NHTSA on 7/15, they told me the dealership has 60 days to make the necessary corrections...again - yeah right. So I called the Customer Service number, spoke to an agent that told me I am 12th on the list. The dealership gets the parts based on the orders they place so if they only placed an order for 1, they only get 1 in a weeks time. ARE YOU KIDDING ME????

On the recall notification itself it states: The problem is: The wireless Ignition Node (WIN Module on your vehicle may have unintentional movement of the Frequency Operated Button Ignition Key (FOBIK) from the "ON" to the "Accessory" position while driving. This could cause unintentional engine shut off and increase the risk of a CRASH

I have been given the treatment like this is no big deal - again ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I have given my family strict instructions if ANYTHING happens to me to sue the heck out of Chrysler. I drive quite a distance and do not feel like getting in an accident thank you very much.

Once this vehicle is paid off I WILL NEVER EVER EVER buy another Chrysler again. I have had nothing but issues with this vehicle and the Sterling Hgts Dodge Chrysler is NOT to be trusted!!!!

I am going back to GM - do they have issue, yes but you get much better treatment!!!!

Hate Chrysler...

BYE!!! :baby:

Wow, such a ridiculous outburst over such a minor problem (if even at all). Take your freaking keys off the chain and the problem is solved. People choose the most minor things to explode over.

That's why I love the quote, "Good morning America, what are we going to be offended by today?!"

I called my local dodge dealer today to have this recall performed. Parts are in stock and have a appointment for the 17th to have this taken care of..

It's not a big deal and the dealer said to remove everything off the key fob until it gets completed

Just in case they didn't tell you already - make sure you have ALL of your keys with you when you drop it off. If you have more than 2, it is imperative that you inform them of this in advance. They will replace any working keys you have, provided they all function properly when the vehicle is brought to the dealership.

What year DJ do you have? What years does this cover? My step-daughter's Olds Intrigue has the same problem. She took all of her keys off of her key ring. The car may do this up to 16 times a trip around town. All she does is turn the ignition switch back to on. I told her to get it fixed - it will be free. She is 21 and doesn't seem to care. So, to me, no big deal!

This is a huge recall for all manufacturers. Your dealer may have the parts on back order, due to demand. Go ahead and support Government Motors. You tax dollars have already bought it out. Their F-in stock is a joke, and all they produce is junk. Take Buick, for example. The Enclave and Lacross are US designs. The rest of the Buicks are Opels which would have been the next new Saturns. Slap a Buick grill on one and raise the price a couple of thousand dollars. What a joke. There is a sucker born everyday. The Encore is a Korean car made in Korea. No need to say anymore on this.

Dodge now has Alfa chassis DNA to work with (Dart). The Maserati Quattroporte and Ghibli already use 300/Charger chassis (Mercedes E Class) parts and when Mercedes still owned Chrysler, the latest Grand Cherokee and M Series were developed at the same time. So, the GC and M are blood brothers! Maserati is already using Ferrari engines. The Pentastar can be brought up to Ferrari standards. In a few years, Chrysler's blood will be flowing with classic European DNA, and you want to switch to GM? Go for it, fool. GM closed down Holden, so no more SS. Cadillac sales are down. Chrysler sales are up for the 64th (if I remember correctly) straight month. What does that tell you? Dodge can sell a DJ in Europe, but GM can't seem to sell Chevys there. Again, what does that tell you? There are so many uninformed, unread people in this country. Very sad.

Edited by dhh3

AFAIK it only covers the '09 and '10 because we got pushbutton start with the 2011 model year.

And I can't speak to the GM recall, but I understood that the fob only turns under the weight of keys applying a turning force to the fob - the solution should have just been a sticker on the dash that instructs the driver not to attach anything to the fob and to leave it at that. That's the solution applied to genav aircraft - little warning stickers all over the place.

Hate Chrysler...

Do you troll often or just when you get bored?

Just in case they didn't tell you already - make sure you have ALL of your keys with you when you drop it off. If you have more than 2, it is imperative that you inform them of this in advance. They will replace any working keys you have, provided they all function properly when the vehicle is brought to the dealership.

Sadly when I bought the car a few weeks ago it only had one key fob. Was going to order a second one bit will wait until money to see what happens. I only have one lightweight key on the fob ... Funny Cadillac had a recall just like this but the fix was a plug in the hole in the key so you could not put lots of keys on it .